Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 02:46 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,244,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaletto 1697 View Post
Some took my post to a whole different level. The guy is very weird but like someone said, it's not against the law. There is no threat of physical violence, he is not verbally abusive, and he doesn't follow me around. The fact that he sneaks up on me and taps me is annoying - I find that behavior repulsive in an adult male in his 40s. The fact that after ALL these years he still repeats all that dumb shyte about wanting to date me, etc. is pathetic to me. Yes, he used to work at RiteAid. I was not a customer of that pharmacy at that time so there is no way he would have my private information. When I say "retarded" I don't mean literally autistic or developmentally disabled. I mean socially retarded; not being able to get the usual hints - socially awkward. Does that mean he may have Asbergers? Who knows; I'm not a clinician who deals with developmental disabilities. Is he maybe simulating that he's "flirting with me" 'cos he thinks it's cute? Who knows. I DON'T THINK IT'S CUTE. I'M NOT FLATTERED. I thought he was gone finally. After last week, I guess not. With the weather warming up, there is a possibility he may run into me again in the area. Some people on here expressed legitimate concerns which gave me cause to think. Clearly I have to be more forceful verbally. I just didn't feel like getting visibly upset in his presence but now I may need to. I don't like to get angry in public and throw scenes. So no police necessary as of yet.
Has anyone suggested becoming upset? I think we have recommended being forceful and saying things that cannot be misconstrued by a person who lacks good social skills.

Also, I think I understood your posts, but sort of blanked on your use of "retarded." This is not a good word, as you probably know now. If you meant socially backward, then you probably should have said that.

I don't think you deserve the treatment you describe. I also think some posters here have been unnecessarily hostile to you. I hope you can communicate how much you don't want to be involved in any way with this odd person.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 04:23 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,683,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Ya know...I live near a Rite Aid and have known the manager for a while. He is usually kind of busy and we never have the time to discuss much that isn't Rite Aid related.

You had a neighbor...yada yada yada. I'm curious how Dave wound know this neighbor. Usually people have more than one neighbor in NYC. Did you used to hang out together in Rite Aid with Dave?

Doesn't it seem odd that a neighbor - easily identifiable and located if something bad should happen - would be stalking you? Since you live in the same community, wouldn't it seem to be more likely you would just bump into each other a lot? Do the same common chores at the same time?

You say Dave took it upon himself to help you, but you don't know what he did. You go on to say you still don't know what he did to that neighbor, then you conclude with Dave having a talk with him and that's all you know. At some point in this thread, you say you don't know Dave did anything. This is a tad bit contradictory, don't you think?

Perhaps you need to lighten up a bit on yourself. What makes you think these people are stalking you? A stalker that takes a 10 year break then bumps into you again?

Honestly it sounds so random in both cases, that I'm wondering if its possible that you are a little bit paranoid. Have you considered a change in location, since you believe the community you have lived in for so long has already seemed to produce 2 stalkers in your life?

I've lived in my community for more than 35 years, and although have felt I might be in danger a couple of nights while walking my dog, haven't once felt stalked. I live in a major urban environment too.
This story is full of holes. First off no woman who has a stalking issue is going to be so nonchalant about what happened to the first stalker, who was a neighbor. Maybe he moved, maybe Dave did something to him, it's like she doesn't care.

I asked, and she doesn't seem to care. That doesn't make sense. Someone is bothering you and you feel you're in danger, you would find out where did they go.

What BS. You would want to know if they left the area, or better yet the state, so you wouldn't be looking over your shoulder constantly. She is very flippant about that.

Story just doesn't add up.

Old 03-22-2016, 12:26 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,141,619 times
I call shenanigans.

Old 03-22-2016, 01:52 PM

92 posts, read 167,754 times
Did we find out what 'soft stalking' was? That might explain some of it.

Honestly, I would be wondering what Dave could have said to a complete stranger (I am assuming stranger) to get him so spooked that he just fell off the face of the Earth. That would be very troubling to me, and would make me very leery of Dave in general.

OP, this Dave just may be more than a 'weirdo'. You really do not know him well. Please be very careful whenever around this guy.

Old 04-10-2016, 09:36 PM

1,752 posts, read 3,760,964 times
Any update?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships