Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 08:25 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,982,748 times

Advertisements

Mod cut.

Short answer: You are the one at fault here if you push it past asking once. Let it go and find some other solution. You sound whiny and not the kind of friend that person should want to have either.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-02-2016 at 08:51 AM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:25 AM

29,765 posts, read 34,486,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Uber does not cost $5 per mile.
Right? I live 17 miles from my airport, and the online Uber calculator gave me an average of $40 one way. Parking can be $7 or $8/day with a AAA coupon. It's not cheap, but it's not $200.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:29 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,579,790 times
Early rides to the airport (outside of the parking for 2 weeks thing) and helping people move are two tasks reserved only for the BEST of friends and even then they are not fun things. Perhaps this friend just has things going on in life and doesn't want to have to get up early and have your car sitting out on their street for two weeks. Or perhaps you are just an acquaintance and such a favor would up the status of this friendship into areas where she isn't comfortable. This is one of those situations where if they aren't offering, I'm not asking.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:53 AM

44,388 posts, read 20,113,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Early rides to the airport (outside of the parking for 2 weeks thing) and helping people move are two tasks reserved only for the BEST of friends and even then they are not fun things. Perhaps this friend just has things going on in life and doesn't want to have to get up early and have your car sitting out on their street for two weeks. Or perhaps you are just an acquaintance and such a favor would up the status of this friendship into areas where she isn't comfortable. This is one of those situations where if they aren't offering, I'm not asking.
Great point with which to end this thread.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships