Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 09:50 AM

5 posts, read 17,333 times

Advertisements

For the 2nd time in 2 weeks I had to pass an obscenely slow driver on my way to work. This was on a back country road going straight. The guy was so slow I think he was going 20 in a 35. He was an older man driving a Cadillac. I'm a 32 year old woman driving a Honda Accord. So I passed him and he FLIPPED out. All of a sudden he sped up and tailgated me for 5 miles beeping and waving his hands. All because I passed him.

Last week a woman I passed reacted in a similar angry manner. I feel that if you are going to drive that slow you should pull over and let people pass you or prepare to be passed. But why the anger?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2016, 09:52 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,160,987 times
How do you know he was flipping out for that reason?

One time someone flipped out at me because I had a rival sports team sticker on my car.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post

One time someone flipped out at me because I had a rival sports team sticker on my car.
Because the second I passed he started beeping and sped up. I dont have any stickers on my car.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:53 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Were you tailgating and flashing your lights? Maybe they thought you were being the bad driver.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Were you tailgating and flashing your lights? Maybe they thought you were being the bad driver.
No not at all. I drove behind him a few miles regularly before passing.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:55 AM

I feel that these people think no one has the right to pass them and they can drive as slow as they want.. I dont think its a reason to get road rage.

Old 12-09-2016, 10:04 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
A lot of people don't know the rules of the road. On the country road that you talk of in the OP, there are probably lane markings that tell you when it's safe to pass--not everyone knows this. The driver you passed might have thought that you weren't following the rules of the road when you actually were.

On my drive home for Thanksgiving, I noticed that a fair number of drivers don't seem to know that you shouldn't drive in the passing lane. There were several logjams and dangerous situations because a car just wouldn't get over to let faster traffic pass.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 12-09-2016 at 10:18 AM..

Old 12-09-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
A lot of people don't know the rules of the road. On the country road that you talk of in the OP, there are probably lane markings that tell you when it's safe to pass--not everyone knows this.

On my drive home for Thanksgiving, I noticed that a fair number of drivers don't seem to know that you shouldn't drive in the passing lane. There were several logjams and dangerous situations because a car just wouldn't get over to let faster traffic pass.
It was safe to pass for myself..I understand what you saying though

Old 12-09-2016, 10:33 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post

That was way out of line...unless it was a Yankees sticker.

Old 12-09-2016, 10:34 AM

102,185 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEnglandSnow View Post
I feel that these people think no one has the right to pass them and they can drive as slow as they want.. I dont think its a reason to get road rage.
I don't know, OP. Was it a legal pass? The only time I've noticed people getting annoyed at being passed is when someone passes in an illegal fashion, going into the opposite lane to pass, if there's no car in sight on that side.

IDK, OP. Chalk it up to cranky-old-man syndrome. Hopefully, you won't encounter that Cadillac again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships