Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 08:40 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,785,621 times

Advertisements

Wow! The worst thing one of my brothers ever did was read my diary and then make fun of me about it! We ended up coming to blows about it.

He's forgiven now, though, because he eventually gave me a good sister (his wife!). We laugh about it now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 09:02 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,081,321 times
27 years ago my brother pointed/threatened me and my wife to be with a fully loaded MAC-10 Semi-auto while we stood at his front door., haven't seen him since.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:02 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,091,820 times
My only sister did not invite me to her wedding. Found out she was married after the fact. I did not ask her about it for years, I figured it had something to do with my husband (they had a somewhat prickly relationship).

After he passed, I did ask her about it. She couldn't remember why she had not invited me. (she said.).

Old 01-19-2017, 11:43 AM

305 posts, read 180,805 times
Bit my arm while she had a staph infection, then jumped out the car while I was driving, so I had to be question by the police... it sounds worse than it was though.

She was drunk and ranting about killing herself at someones house, I was called to go get her. Trying to keep her in the car she bit me, and she had just been released from the hospital following a stay after almost dying from a staph infenction, but she didn't break the skin. When she jumped out of the car, a neighbor saw, and thought I had run over her so the cops were called.

The cops understood everything, had me checked out by a paramedic, and while it was a huge nasty bruise for several weeks after she didn't break the skin. They admitted her back into the hospital on suicide watch because my parents didn't want to deal with her s*it.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:52 AM

1,943 posts, read 1,498,138 times
My brother outed me as gay when I was 17. I grew up in a small town where anybody who was the slightest bit different was looked down on. That was almost 7 years ago, and we didn't speak for 4 years after that. Now I see him once a year at Christmas and all we say to each other is "hello" when we get there, and "good-bye" when we leave. Nothing in between. I really don't have any interest in rebuilding any relationship with him going forward, and the only reason I bother to acknowledge him now is because it makes my parents happy.

Before all this happened, we actually used to be pretty close. We played sports together, hung out, did all that stuff close siblings do. Yet all that was destroyed with one act of betrayal that had far reaching consequences, and it's gone forever.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:32 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,364,026 times
Wow, and everyone survived to tell.

Old 01-19-2017, 03:31 PM

778 posts, read 340,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo1 View Post
Or the worst thing you have done to them.

I would my brother once wrote on the wall and blamed it on me.
Rewrote my mother's will to disinherit our brother. Stole some gold coins from my mom's safety deposit box that my dad had been saving for my kids. Executed my mother's will without detailing her inheritance in the papers she filed, even though she detailed what my sister and I were to each receive from the estate.

Mostly, she stole my kids' rightful inheritance from their grandpa.

Old 01-19-2017, 03:43 PM

7,170 posts, read 4,883,615 times
When we were kids our family had friends who had a house on the CT river. It was a beautiful place, and had a long, long (to me) walking bridge over an inlet out to a sandbar. It was also very very high. The sandbar was amazing and provided hours of exploration and play.

Well, I was only 3-4 years old, the youngest and the only girl. And it happened that I was terrified to walk that bridge. I'd crawl, and of course my brothers would tease me unmercifully.

One day at low tide they bugged me until they talked me into standing upright and walking the bridge. One brother in front, me in the middle, other brother in back. It was narrow. When we got to the middle, they both started to bounce bounce bounce the bridge, really funny, right? Well, I lost balance and fell off, screaming, into the mud up to my armpits, right onto a broken piece of bottle that cut my heel pretty bad. Still have the scar.

Pretty sure they got into some trouble for that one.

Old 01-19-2017, 03:48 PM

778 posts, read 340,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacksGal View Post
After my parents died my brother was in charge of executing the wills and trusts. Both of us inherited a bit of money and my children did too. There were also a few pieces of furniture and art that were supposed to be split between us. Everything was split between the two of us and our kids. My kids were in college and needed the money. My brother refused to execute the will, for years. He just wouldn't give us any of the money and all got all huffy if we asked about it. We had to hire lawyers in two different states. He hired lawyers to fight us, without any explanation for why he wouldn't simply do what the will said he should do. Our lawyers thought it was the strangest case ever because we weren't asking for anything other than the what the Will said. I think it was about five years and our lawyers finally asked the court in his state for a hearing to force him to execute the will. His state is about 8 hours from our house. We got ready to go, although I dreaded it. At the last minute, the day before the hearing, my brother gave in and said he would execute the will and the trusts for the kids. Get this, he hasn't spoken to us since. Somehow it us who did wrong. Go figure.

At this point I couldn't care less if he ever speaks to us again. He's a jerk who hurt my kids because he refused to do what he legally had to do and without any reason for it. He's a control freak and I'm glad he's out of our lives.
Yup, feel the same about my sister. She has disowned my sister and I because she was the executor of my mom's will and we know she screwed us both! What I take away from this is not to let one of my kids be the executor of my will. I will have a disinterested 3rd party do the administrative work!

Old 01-19-2017, 04:28 PM

7,071 posts, read 6,339,459 times
It would take a book to write down everything one of my sisters did to me, because I was 'prettier' than her.

The worst thing she did was to help my ex-husband hide my daughter when he stole her. She went so far as to babysit my daughter while I was searching for her.

I didn't find out about this until years later & now I want nothing to do with this toxic person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships