Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 06:31 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,760,954 times

Advertisements

My brothers wife didn't like our family so she made up some crap how we were all racist so my brother would stop talking to us. My brother is white, she is African American. None of us are racist! I had even got her a job at one point! He didn't talk to me or saw his nieces for 5 years. He also didn't talk to our mom. Finally he started talking to us again. Never apologized though until his divorce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 06:50 PM

7,606 posts, read 6,110,858 times
My sister was a thief, she stole countless items from my brother and me over the years. Worst she did was to have kids when she heard someone else in the family was pregnant, then leave my parents to raise them as she was not responsible enough to do so.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:59 PM

15,253 posts, read 13,015,883 times
I thought I would respond to this but when push came to shove I found I didn't want to grant her even a little head space.

It doesn't matter what she might have done. She's out of my life for eternity.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:09 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,998,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
My older sister tried to drown me when I was a toddler.... Twice

Once in a toilet

Once my bio mom told the sitter to not let us out of her sight. Sitter went inside for a quick minute and came back out to see my sister holding me under water in one of those blow up, single ring, kiddie swimming pools.

She didn't like having a little sister. Still doesn't like me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sounds like she needed to be put in a straight jacket and locked up and had the key thrown away.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:15 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,998,299 times
There's a special place reserved in the 10th level of hell for some of these piece borrible siblings on here. I'm so sorry that some of you have gone through this. I hope those with severe cases are seeing a counselor and have cut those people out of your life.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:17 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,135,502 times
Serious Injury List:

Number eighteen in 1988, Charlie Babbitt squeezed and pulled and hurt my neck in 1988.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:36 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,083,420 times
If there is anything that I would like to say is that I am indeed grateful that I have five other siblings by the same mother. I am the last born child totaling six children.

My eldest brother as I've always known him to be, a selfish individual most of his life. He had legally been made the medical proxy and sole decision maker of my mother when she became sick; resulting in her rehabilitation taking place in nursing facilities while being in and out of the hospital. As the last of six I did my best to encourage my brother to fulfill the necessary duties of a proxy as I had gotten involved in scheduling appointments for surgeries, talking to social workers, nurses, medical doctors, and law offices to try to get my mother well enough to come home as she desired. Medical doctors and social services confirmed at a particular point that she was well enough to return home and were willing to begin proceedings. My brother wouldn't have any of it. He just simply withdrew and refused to answer his phone when I tried to coordinate family meetings for discussions for her rehabilitation. All processes became delayed.

It has been almost two years now. My mother has passed (never made it back home) and I go through life being a lot less vocal toward him if not at all. Two days ago I celebrated my 31st birthday and I thought only of her. I miss her very much. Makes me not want to have children of my own.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:25 AM

1,715 posts, read 2,304,764 times
My younger brother setup blogs, websites and used my personal family pictures and posted them anonymously citing all kind of crazy and false information online. He even got some women to post a video about me saying how I cheated on her and got her pregnant and then left. When my wife's family saw that video I had hard time convincing them that was a big lie. I haven't seen that woman in my life.

My wedding pictures were posted online with details outlining how dangerous and psycho I am. Pages and pages full of false information available to anyone who would search my name online. People at work and friends started talking about it. People who knew me were confident that I couldn't do all these horrendous things. However, people who didn't know me started avoiding me. Went through a tough period in my marriage because of that. Filed a lawsuit against John Doe to find out who did it, there wasn't enough proof because all this was done via computers and proxies overseas. Defamation law suit cost me thousand of dollars.

It felt like the laws weren't in favor of ordinary citizen. Only the rich or someone who had cash like the celebrities could win in this situation. The lawyers and defamation management companies exploited me. After years of paying $$, all they got was an ip address of the facebook account and Microsoft email. It was very expensive and slow process. Finally, I gave up because I couldnt afford it any more. Hired a company to post positive information about me and eventually the good stuff came up in searches but still even today the negative information is available. Google and microsoft won't remove that malicious info claiming freedom of speech. Offcourse, its been 3+ years and I and my brother don't talk anymore...Worst part is that I told my parents that they talk to him and get me compensated for the $$ that I lost from my kids tuition fund but they weren't of much help either

Old 01-20-2017, 10:55 AM

2,687 posts, read 7,419,228 times
Default Well...

If I am going to post that sort of past pain and nonsense here...I may as well just sit down and write a book. It would be a best seller... that's all I gotta say.
Koale

Old 01-20-2017, 01:03 PM

2,793 posts, read 1,651,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
My brother has spoken to me only once in the last 35 years. He has missed out entirely on his 3 nephews' growing up. He has no wife no kids and i am his only sibling. He ignores all letters and attempts at contact. He is now 60 years old. He submitted documents against me to a judge during custody proceedings which were appalling. My ex husband had violated our custody agreement. The very stern judge actually held up what my brother had submitted and said 'This is ridiculous' and physically tossed it aside in addition to throwing it out of court.
This is awful. I imagine my sibling acting like I don't exist would be the most hurtful thing ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships