Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 06:33 PM

32 posts, read 37,330 times

Advertisements

Or the worst thing you have done to them.

I would my brother once wrote on the wall and blamed it on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 06:59 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,164,704 times
Once I slammed a door in my younger brother's face. His forehead hit the doorknob, he was bleeding everywhere and had to get stitches. He still has a scar.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:02 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,340,243 times
My older sister tried to drown me when I was a toddler.... Twice

Once in a toilet

Once my bio mom told the sitter to not let us out of her sight. Sitter went inside for a quick minute and came back out to see my sister holding me under water in one of those blow up, single ring, kiddie swimming pools.

She didn't like having a little sister. Still doesn't like me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 01-18-2017, 07:04 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
hum..
my younger brother got a DUI.. he didn't have a license on him and he used my name instead of his because he already had a couple DUIs and didn't even have a valid license at the time..

Of course all of this was news to me when i went to get my license renewed, the lady behind the counter, whisper as if not to embarrass me.. 'you can't get your license.. you have a dui'! WTF!?!@#$@#

So, i made some calls, went down to the sheriffs office and he pulls out this mug shot and says, nope.. that's not YOU.. so do you know who this is? it was my brother.. The officer said that it was not uncommon. I had to get a letter from the mayor, exonerating me, so that i get my license back.. The officer also told me that they likely will NOT go after my brother but that he better hope he never gets pulled over in town again!

That was some 20 years ago and I have since forgiven my brother but for a few year there, he was a real piece of work!

Old 01-18-2017, 09:17 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,984,317 times
Disowned, divorced, completely erased me and my daughter his only niece from his life.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:48 PM

924 posts, read 752,195 times
For me, that would have to be when my sister (and her husband) falsely accused my daughter of being "inappropriate" with their older daughter. There are many reasons I could list as to why this was the "worst thing" a sibling has done to me, but just to list the main ones:

- My sister & her husband wanted "Holly" be to be taken from my custody, put in a juvenile detention center, and be forced to register as a sex offender.

- "Holly's" already-bad anxiety issues shot through the roof with having to deal with this situation, and she tried to commit suicide because she was terrified of going to jail over something she had not done.

- the last time we were in court over this, my brother-in-law wasn't physically present, but he did get to have his say via speakerphone. He blabbed on and on about all this stuff that had NOTHING to do with the alleged situation, took stuff about "Holly" out of context, and because of how the legal process works, I couldn't say anything in response.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:05 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
My brother is suing me for mishandling some trust fund monies of his. Been dragging on 4 years now.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:59 PM

1,425 posts, read 1,387,280 times
My sister died in a car crash, that made the rest of the family to follow - mother, grandma, fater, - and in 5 years, at 34, I was a head of a family. Horrible feeling, it made me harsh, stiffnecked, cold, noncompassionate, and bitter.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:08 AM

16,076 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Done to me as a kid, getting chased around the yard with an ax and a threat to chop off my kitten's head. Still think he's an -------!

Old 01-19-2017, 12:09 AM

3,253 posts, read 2,339,853 times
After my parents died my brother was in charge of executing the wills and trusts. Both of us inherited a bit of money and my children did too. There were also a few pieces of furniture and art that were supposed to be split between us. Everything was split between the two of us and our kids. My kids were in college and needed the money. My brother refused to execute the will, for years. He just wouldn't give us any of the money and all got all huffy if we asked about it. We had to hire lawyers in two different states. He hired lawyers to fight us, without any explanation for why he wouldn't simply do what the will said he should do. Our lawyers thought it was the strangest case ever because we weren't asking for anything other than the what the Will said. I think it was about five years and our lawyers finally asked the court in his state for a hearing to force him to execute the will. His state is about 8 hours from our house. We got ready to go, although I dreaded it. At the last minute, the day before the hearing, my brother gave in and said he would execute the will and the trusts for the kids. Get this, he hasn't spoken to us since. Somehow it us who did wrong. Go figure.

At this point I couldn't care less if he ever speaks to us again. He's a jerk who hurt my kids because he refused to do what he legally had to do and without any reason for it. He's a control freak and I'm glad he's out of our lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships