Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 09:21 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,457,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
Well, I usually find extroverts annoying when they express opinions too loudly and far too often. I really don't need to know every single thing that runs through someone's mind.
Pretty much! A LOT of extroverted people find themselves way more interesting, intelligent, funny - whichever - than they actually are. I have no time or patience for these people. If that makes them consider me boring and uninteresting, cool with me. My real friends, among which are a bunch of extroverts, feel the same way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 12:36 AM

52,322 posts, read 52,784,279 times
The premise of this thread is asinine and completely off base. It goes against everything I've ever experienced in my whole life. 47 years can't be wrong.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:52 AM

105 posts, read 121,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The premise of this thread is asinine and completely off base. It goes against everything I've ever experienced in my whole life. 47 years can't be wrong.
My sixty plus years of experience is diametrically opposed to your OPINION!

Old 01-23-2017, 12:55 AM

797 posts, read 754,162 times
Iq's.
Just like a white will have very few if any friends in a black area,etc etc.

People cant accept opinions .Always want to be right.
Your not the only friend. I bet most of these people also refer to the NFL teams as their own as well.
Introvert I will stay thank you very much.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:00 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,208,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Investor View Post
My sixty plus years of experience is diametrically opposed to your OPINION!
Well, your sixty years of experience means nothing, given that you seem to judge people based on what's on the surface, not beneath.

What's more, how long you've been doing something has nothing to do with how well you've done it. After all, I've been going to the bathroom for 55 years and still haven't learned how to poop out a daisy.

Old 01-23-2017, 01:02 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,713,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2U View Post
Pretty much! A LOT of extroverted people find themselves way more interesting, intelligent, funny - whichever - than they actually are. I have no time or patience for these people. If that makes them consider me boring and uninteresting, cool with me. My real friends, among which are a bunch of extroverts, feel the same way.
That is pretty accurate. I think extroverts, at least some of them, see themselves in a popularity contest. Even my husband, who is extroverted, sees everything this way. When he was laid off at his job, he thought it was unfair because he was one of the most popular people there. I think extroverts may have a harder time with rejection; whereas I think for many introverts, we've learned to accept occasional social rejection as part of life. We have better coping skills for it.
I will own the boring label and run with it. I like having a simple life. It takes too much time and energy to entertain people all day long.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:48 PM

52,322 posts, read 52,784,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
That is pretty accurate. I think extroverts, at least some of them, see themselves in a popularity contest. Even my husband, who is extroverted, sees everything this way. When he was laid off at his job, he thought it was unfair because he was one of the most popular people there. I think extroverts may have a harder time with rejection; whereas I think for many introverts, we've learned to accept occasional social rejection as part of life. We have better coping skills for it.
I will own the boring label and run with it. I like having a simple life. It takes too much time and energy to entertain people all day long.
My spouse and I are both pretty heavily introverted. I think that people that are really extroverted don't get people like us. They can't seem to get their heads around the fact that we don't need tons of friends and have the need to be around people as much as they do. I find it exhausting to be around too many people for too long. I also think that extroverts come of as being too needy at times. Just my opinion, but one that gets reaffirmed all the time, especially as I've gotten older. I don't consider myself too boring, maybe a little, but in smaller groups and people that are close to me we all have a good time. I can usually make people laugh without much effort, that is typically a fun trait to have. I just don't have the need to CONSTANTLY have people around me.

In tems of what the OP is talking about, I've just never seen anything remotely like what was described in the OP, might as well be trying to tell me that the sky isn't blue, but green instead.

Old 01-23-2017, 03:38 PM

105 posts, read 121,499 times
Actors and other creative people who seem so interesting on the TONIGHT SHOW, are always saying that before they made it big they had no friends.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:01 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,982,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Investor View Post
Actors and other creative people who seem so interesting on the TONIGHT SHOW, are always saying that before they made it big they had no friends.
Yawn. I don't watch celebrities. I have a lot of friends, despite being neither guarded, nor boring. I am me, and I don't hide behind fake personas either online or in real life.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:18 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,386,663 times
My DH was a very successful sales rep before he retired. He is outgoing and charming, not at all boorish or loud. I am somewhat both extrovert and introvert in some ways. I'm not loud or overbearing. I enjoy people but also quiet time. Just because some people are extroverts, that does not make them obnoxious. He and I both care about our friends and relatives and are kind people. Neither of us feels that we "have to entertain people all day long." I think many of you are thinking of loud TV personalities when you picture extroverts.

Many introverts are nice, pleasant people who can be charming when they choose to be. They also can be very quiet need lots of alone time. To me, they seem to not be very outgoing and don't like "small talk."

Not enjoying small talk can be a barrier to getting to know people. Several members of my family are true introverts. One introvert teen in my family told us that family were like butterflies, but other people were like ants. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships