Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 01:24 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times

Advertisements

That is not bi-polar behaviour, it's the behaviour of an alcohol and drug addict who needed a fix and from what you described he clearly was there to make a connection to score some more drugs. He probably asked you to drive him because he knew he shouldn't be driving plus he didn't have any money so he used the excuse of his car not running. You are lucky you didn't get stopped by the police if your friend was in possession of drugs on the way back home because you would be considered an accomplice and you too would have been in trouble with the law.

He does NOT have "feelings" for you and he is not a safe person for you to be around. He is a loser and abuser who is using you and his other friends and you are being an enabler by letting him manipulate you and boss you around and make you do things for him. He's not your friend and you shouldn't risk losing your will power and your reputation or getting into worse trouble or getting hurt by associating with him. Ditch the guy and stay firm in your resolve about staying away from him, don't answer calls or texts and stay away from places where he goes.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 04:09 AM

4,865 posts, read 2,674,972 times
he showed his true colors..unless you're a sucker for abuse, stay away from him..he's already made you look and feel like a fool..

Old 02-26-2017, 06:40 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,318,759 times
How old are you? I'm asking because it seems you have a lot of life to live and I wouldn't waste another minute on this so called "friend".

Old 02-26-2017, 07:49 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,519,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Is this the same "friend" that you were asking about in a previous thread, with the drug dealing and stripper addiction?
No offense but here is your answer.

Stay away from him. If you want a relationship with a decent guy, this clown will only make things worse.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:06 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,340,243 times
This sounds like the guy is on drugs. Like someone said earlier, he was there to score a hit. Needed a ride and you were the chosen one.

I was married to a drug addict and what you're describing fits the mold.

There is a heroin epidemic and I have a feeling your friend is caught in its trap. Stay away from him. You really can't do anything to help him until he wants help.

Just my opinion from what I'm reading.

Old 02-26-2017, 09:34 AM

10,465 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I think you have your answer right there. He wanted you out of the bar as he was making a purchase, and you couldn't be there to witness it, and when you came back in you were really in the way, he had to explode to startle you to get back outside.

Too many people throw the word bipolar around. People who have bipolar disorder have mood swings that come in cycles that can go for weeks, not every 20 minutes.
I never thought about that. Yeah, you're all right. I've been wondering if he's been doing drugs for some time. I ask other friends and his family, and either they just say he's bipolar, but he's changed this past year. I'm going to have to cut him loose. It's going to be hard because we're friends with the same people, but I'm tired of feeling like this when he's around.

Old 02-26-2017, 01:09 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I never thought about that. Yeah, you're all right. I've been wondering if he's been doing drugs for some time. I ask other friends and his family, and either they just say he's bipolar, but he's changed this past year. I'm going to have to cut him loose. It's going to be hard because we're friends with the same people, but I'm tired of feeling like this when he's around.
Well again people throw the word "bipolar" are too freely these days. People with Bipolar Disorder have "high highs" and "low lows", but it's a cycle. it could take weeks. It doesn't switch on and off like this over the course of an evening.

Somebody gets angry over a situation "oh they must be bipolar". Behavior is off "oh they must be bipolar". See how that goes? But the fact that other people notice his behavior says something. What you said about him wanting you out of the bar and getting so angry when you came back in to see what the hold up was, is very telling.

What you can do is just distance yourself. I wouldn't give him anymore rides and don't loan him any money. If you happen to run into him while out with friends, you can be polite but I wouldn't suggest any future one on one plans. Do the "slow fade", you probably won't be the first person who has had to do this with him.

Old 02-26-2017, 07:28 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,115,763 times
I agree it's highly likely this is a drug issue. For that reason, you're better off not hanging out with him anymore. You definitely wouldn't want to get arrested along with him some night while you're out just because he was dumb enough to do something.

Old 02-27-2017, 09:31 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,539,449 times
Could be:

Crazy
On drugs

I'd avoid at all costs moving forward.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:45 PM

10,465 posts, read 4,042,712 times
I had to go to the store today to pick up something from one of the managers, and I did the best I could to avoid him. When I'm off, I like to walk around and talk to the people I'm closest too, and I started to realize everywhere I go, he was there. I would walk away, and then one friend in particular is getting ready to go on a trip, so I started to talk to him about it when m ex-friend all of a sudden comes walking real fast down the isle and stops right in between us, asking what we are talking about. The other guy was looking at me like what's going on. I shrugged my shoulders and told him I'd catch up with him later, then I overheard my ex-friend ask him in a hostile voice what were we talking about and my other friend sounded shaky when he said it was nothing.

I then stopped by another friend who was stocking, and we started to talk about his wife and TV shows when the guy came out of nowhere, and again just stood in between us and wanted to know what we were talking about. It was aggravating me, and made me wonder if he's stalking me in the damn store. I said my good-bye and then went to the check out, where one of the managers was there. I started to talk to him when all of a sudden he called out to someone behind me "can I help you? Don;t you have work to do?" I turned around, and my ex-friend was just standing there in the isle staring at me. Then he comes over and wants to know what we are talking about. The manager joked that we were talking about his termination if he didn;t get back to work. I don't know wtf is going on, but now it's really starting to weird me out. I said my goodbyes to the manager and went home. But I don't like this behavior at all. It's making me nervous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships