Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 09:07 AM

23 posts, read 21,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
What in the world? Why would you give a "favor" like this to an employee of any level?

Nepotism and dating in the workplace is already a no-no, and you encouraged it?

By the way: respect is earned, not given.
The favor was more for her, as I really liked her and we had met previously. She was really in need of help and I never shy away from that. I'm not sorry I helped, it's quite difficult to get a good job these days and not being able to work leads to depressions and other horrible things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 09:27 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,681,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenora1 View Post
This is how I am feeling spot on. The age gap is a lot smaller in my case, but that's it. I am also quite sensitive, so just getting over it won't work. I am positive this ""get over it" thing doesn't work for most of us in difficult situations. That's why we're posting here, there would be no need for advice, no instance of communication like this if we could just "get over it".
The majority of time, people do just need to get over it. Like it or not, that's how life works. He doesn't owe you anything. You don't owe him anything. You said you're sensitive. Well, that's too bad. You really do need to just get over it. So he doesn't like you. Big deal. He doesn't have to! So he's mean to you - whatever that means. Does he through feces at you or just ignore you? If he's ignoring you, what do you care? Seriously. What's the problem? This sounds very high school.

Old 05-09-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
The majority of time, people do just need to get over it. Like it or not, that's how life works. He doesn't owe you anything. You don't owe him anything. You said you're sensitive. Well, that's too bad. You really do need to just get over it. So he doesn't like you. Big deal. He doesn't have to! So he's mean to you - whatever that means. Does he through feces at you or just ignore you? If he's ignoring you, what do you care? Seriously. What's the problem? This sounds very high school.
The posts I wrote explain it. It's more of a harassing situation than just plain ignore. But you are right about it being "high-school". it is.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:22 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,681,659 times
Quote:
The posts I wrote explain it. It's more of a harassing situation than just plain ignore. But you are right about it being "high-school". it is.
You've never said he was harassing you. He said he was competitive. Then he became rude and ignored you. YOU confronted him! He told you that you started being cold to him and that's what triggered all of this. If he is ignoring, how on earth is he possibly harassing you?

When I said this sounds very high school, I was including your behavior in this. You confront him. Then you start a thread about it. You never answer anyone's questions about what specifically he did. He was just rude and ignored you. Truth is that your feelings got hurt for some unknown reason. Life's tough. Suck it up, buttercup.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:13 AM

973 posts, read 546,740 times
Did his change of attitude toward you happen after you met his girlfriend and offered her a job? If so, it sounds like something within that set him off.

Old 05-10-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
You've never said he was harassing you. He said he was competitive. Then he became rude and ignored you. YOU confronted him! He told you that you started being cold to him and that's what triggered all of this. If he is ignoring, how on earth is he possibly harassing you?

When I said this sounds very high school, I was including your behavior in this. You confront him. Then you start a thread about it. You never answer anyone's questions about what specifically he did. He was just rude and ignored you. Truth is that your feelings got hurt for some unknown reason. Life's tough. Suck it up, buttercup.
I will do that. Thanks! I tend to believe, even if you sound harsh, that you are right. Given my nature (I'm always trying to keep the peace, work well in a team, do everything to keep the balance) I can be annoyingly sensitive to things like these. For me, if I'm talking to someone (and you and I don't get along, there's passive aggressive behaviour, lack of eye contact, etc,) and you come to join my conversations all the time just to talk to the other person and ignore me blatantly, it's a sign of disrespect and if it happens regularly I feel harassed. It's possible I'm wrong and this is where you come in and open my eyes.

Last edited by Elenora1; 05-10-2017 at 08:36 AM..

Old 05-10-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Did his change of attitude toward you happen after you met his girlfriend and offered her a job? If so, it sounds like something within that set him off.
Probably We work for a big multinational company that deals with high-level clients and we all have access to one another's target group. My concern is 100% related to being able to work around this and keeping peace in a (already) toxic environment. Without this we cannot trust each other with management/products/clients.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:25 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,853,224 times
Quote:
Probably We work for a big multinational company that deals with high-level clients and we all have access to one another's target group. My concern is 100% related to being able to work around this and keeping peace in a (already) toxic environment. Without this we cannot trust each other with management/products/clients.
Honestly it sounds to me like he is just a self-centered baby who wants everything his own way. He knows that keeping the peace and smoothing things over is very important to you, and he knows that you will work overtime to accomplish this. So he's milking that for all it's worth by acting like a giant baby, knowing that it will bother you and you will put your energy towards it.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
Honestly it sounds to me like he is just a self-centered baby who wants everything his own way. He knows that keeping the peace and smoothing things over is very important to you, and he knows that you will work overtime to accomplish this. So he's milking that for all it's worth by acting like a giant baby, knowing that it will bother you and you will put your energy towards it.
I totally agree. I will do my best to show him respect under any circumstance. Tough luck!

Old 05-10-2017, 12:18 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,853,224 times
Quote:
I totally agree. I will do my best to show him respect under any circumstance. Tough luck!
I wouldn't even make it about respect. Go with indifference. Go in with the goal of giving no energy to this person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships