Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 07:11 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,768,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxblue20 View Post
Because I like the guy and his girlfriend and enjoy our friendship, but don't want to hang out with them 24/7. For God's sake, are you not intelligent or do you just not understand?
OP:
Exactly what answers were you looking for when posting this thread?
Exactly what are you looking for by posting this thread?
Exactly what is the purpose of your posting this thread considering the many replies you have received?
Did you already make up your mind regarding your friend before posting this thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 08:35 PM

361 posts, read 431,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
OP:
Exactly what answers were you looking for when posting this thread?
Exactly what are you looking for by posting this thread?
Exactly what is the purpose of your posting this thread considering the many replies you have received?
Did you already make up your mind regarding your friend before posting this thread?
How to deal with the issue. Does anyone understand the question and goal of it on this forum or are you all clueless?

Old 05-22-2017, 08:48 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,768,983 times
Quote:
How to deal with the issue. Does anyone understand the question and goal of it on this forum or are you all clueless?

OP:

You have received many replies regarding this issue, yet you are defensive?
Why?

Old 05-23-2017, 04:54 AM

761 posts, read 604,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
what a leg humper!!!!!

he has no right to be asking you these questions...

tell him you got diarrhea next time he pesters you,,,
(as allen said on two and a half men....no one wants to be with someone who has that)

be careful... he may have a crush on you...

Old 05-23-2017, 06:07 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,557,244 times
Quote:
I understand it. And I am going to back-track on saying just 'yes I have plans'. I mean that is fine, it's whatever you are comfortable with, but it's also ok to say, if you want, what you are doing. None of my friends just say 'yes, I have plans'. They say some version of oh I'm going to do blah blah that night.

There is nothing wrong with either way, but then just stop answering further questions and he will learn.

Old 05-23-2017, 07:23 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,405,938 times
Quote:
Actually, it looks like you are the one who's clueless here, since you've received answers, many of them the same, and you still haven't figured out that you should stand up to the guy and tell him to back off.

Do you need us to call you a waahmbulance, too?

Old 05-23-2017, 07:28 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,885,931 times
Is he using you as a buffer? As in, his relationship with the girlfriend is not so good when you aren't around to help move the conversation along? Is he uncomfortable being alone with her for some other reason?

Old 05-23-2017, 07:35 AM

761 posts, read 604,388 times
Your "couple" friends are bored with each other and you are their muse.

Take Nancy's advice:

Old 05-23-2017, 08:59 AM

11,106 posts, read 9,750,713 times
Learning to be tactful and set boundaries is a useful skill. Think of this as an opportunity to learn it.

Old 05-23-2017, 09:55 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,630,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You just need to set boundaries. He's not entitled to know where you are every second of the day, so all you need to say is "tonight's not going to work" and then not answer any more of his texts. If you want to maintain the friendship, then get ahead of it and make plans with him. If he knows you're meeting up next weekend, then he might not be so persistent for any scrap of your time.
Great advice, but look at the age of the OP.

Many young people today don't seem to get that you don't have to have your phone on all the time, and that you can put it away. Oh the horror, actually disconnect for awhile and enjoy the people you're with.

Or that you don't have to text or post your every move on FB. I wonder if this friend is finding out what the OP is doing and where because the OP posts everything they do on social media.

As others posters have said a simple "no" with no further discussion would stop this.

Constant texting back and forth and broadcasting everything you do(especially when you have a scenario like this) doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships