Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 07:01 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,157,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Depending on how close you are and how long you've been friends, I might give him a pass and talk to him after it's all over.

Yes, it's bad manners to throw a party and then insist that your guests provide the entire party.

Lets be honest it is down right freaking rude and then some ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 07:23 AM

3,127 posts, read 5,081,143 times
I think he is mad because everybody bailed on the party. It was probably him, his girlfriend and his girlfriend's BFF but no one else came.

You were right to bail. If you showed up they probably would have tried to stick you with the entire bill.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:45 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,763,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic111 View Post
I think he is mad because everybody bailed on the party. It was probably him, his girlfriend and his girlfriend's BFF but no one else came.

You were right to bail. If you showed up they probably would have tried to stick you with the entire bill.
This. And then he was struck with the boat rental. Or at least lost his deposit.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:35 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,428,917 times
So one more update and I find this incredible. My friend posted pictures from the birthday, and you can only see a few people in the picture from the ones posted (barely because the pictures are of him and her kissing and close ((really?)))), where they are all wearing white, and believe it or not, his girlfriend wasn't even wearing white, she was wearing blue.......SMH

Old 06-29-2017, 09:47 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,474,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frimpter928 View Post
So one more update and I find this incredible. My friend posted pictures from the birthday, and you can only see a few people in the picture from the ones posted (barely because the pictures are of him and her kissing and close ((really?)))), where they are all wearing white, and believe it or not, his girlfriend wasn't even wearing white, she was wearing blue.......SMH
LMAO too funny!

Old 06-29-2017, 09:54 AM

2,506 posts, read 1,887,903 times
I knew someone who became a "travel agent" to plan her destination wedding and insisted that all the guests book their airfare and hotel rooms though her. No, "insisted" isn't really the right word....it was more like "threw a fit if they didn't want to". Family members and friends found out that they could do the trip quite a bit cheaper on their own but caved in to please the bride(zilla).

It turned out that the entire wedding package (airfare and hotel for the bride and groom and the wedding ceremony) was "paid for" by the more expensive bookings that came through the bride.

She also asked for "cash" presents, so the above was no surprise.

No, I didn't attend.

Old 06-29-2017, 11:34 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,703,418 times
Quote:
It sounds like you weren't the only one who didn't attend. Which would make sense. Who wants to spend $30 just for the boat rental, have to bring your own booze and food, and than be told what to wear.

Shame they just couldn't have had a party at one of their homes, would have gotten a better turnout.

Old 06-29-2017, 11:56 AM

359 posts, read 322,074 times
Quote:
For my friend's birthday in March, we had to shell up $120 each for bar crawl that she planned, and also had us all pay for customized shirts for the bar crawl. Because it was for my friend, I paid it that time.

And you're all in your 30s???! Wow. Maybe it's time to get some friends who act their age.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:08 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,428,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoxTerra View Post
And you're all in your 30s???! Wow. Maybe it's time to get some friends who act their age.
yah. The behavior has me kind of thinking if my friend wants to sabatoge and end of the friendship over soemthing so stupid like this, then be it. Not dealing with this rude and moronic behavior. Not worth my time and rather invest my time with friends who act like adults.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:09 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,703,418 times
Quote:
yah. The behavior has me kind of thinking if my friend wants to sabatoge and end of the friendship over soemthing so stupid like this, then be it. Not dealing with this rude and moronic behavior. Not worth my time and rather invest my time with friends who act like adults.
You never said how long you have known him or how well. If it isn't that long or well I would rethink this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships