Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 03:08 PM

8 posts, read 4,063 times

Advertisements

FYI, I worked 2 jobs simultaneously. 1 as marketing and the other as an event manager. Mind you in a GCC country so you're well aware of the cost. The university we were in was mediocre and I had spent quite a sum, but as I've mentioned I didn't care about the money. It was never abot that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 03:35 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,877,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
Codependency meets Bi-polar.
I was thinking borderline personality disorder meets borderline personality disorder.

Or a script for some really over dramatic lesbian tella novella

Old 06-05-2018, 06:17 PM

455 posts, read 388,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Biting, punching, slapping, addiction, overdoses, alcoholism, rape, latent homosexuality, controlling boyfriends, mental illness, sexual abuse, cheating...

So what's your major?
I'm ashamed, that made me laugh really loud.

OP get help from a professional immediately. Now, run. Run faster.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:36 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,673,204 times
This sounds like an extended group of dysfunctional people with widely disparate goals. The most normal people could hope for is that they avoid injuring each other physically. There is no logic present within the circle of people as described.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:10 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
You need to go inpatient for mental health and substance abuse treatment. When you get out, forget this girl. Two broken pieces does not make a whole.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:31 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,806,359 times
Wow I guess this was for real, since you posted about it twice.

1. That was your girlfriend, and you were both in denial.
2. Your ex-girlfriend has REAL, serious, deep issues accepting her own sexuality, and they played out on you.
3. You have a lot of post-trauma stuff going on that needs to get sorted out.
4. The two of your respective issues interact with each other is very bad ways. You form a feedback loop of dysfunction.

It's hard to let go of any kind of deep connection. That said, all deep connections are not good for you and part of adulthood is learning to accept that. Let go of her, go no contact. It's painful but necessary. You are not compatible as friends or "friends".

You are not the first or the last to have to do this. But it can be done.

Get a therapist and get to work on yourself. One day you'll find another person you connect with who actually brings out the best in you.

Good luck!

Old 06-13-2018, 07:36 PM

8 posts, read 4,063 times
One of the few replies that that made sense. Thank you so much

Old 06-13-2018, 08:18 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara97 View Post

Can someone please explain what was the possible cause of her behavior?
Re read what you wrote. Most people would not want to be in that situation.

Quote:
And am I wrong in this?
Yes. Sounds like a total nightmare. I have had women in my life in the past that were a total trainwreck like both of you seem to be.

Quote:
I just miss my bestfriend.
Sounds like a horribly toxic situation. Anytime that a friendship or relationship turns violent and especially when the police are involved it's not good for either of you. She did you a big favor by going away. You need to get counseling and try to understand why you would want to be in such a turbulent situation and deal with your alcoholism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships