Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 09:15 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,908,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Cooling the plane off is one thing that seems could be done. However, I wouldn’t expect the flight attendants to risk personal injury on a dangerously bumpy flight just to give me some water.
I have been on far bumpier flights where the FAs at least passed out water bottles. And they were allowed to turn the A/C on. It was 85F with no cool air at all for 6 hours. No wonder the baby cried. I was crying on the inside! And I was so dehydrated that it took me 2 days of my vacation to recover.

If people are going to get pissed off about a baby crying, I am going to be pissed off it was 85F, humid, with no breeze and not a single sip of water for 6 hours. What do you expect from a baby in that situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2018, 09:38 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,780,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Definitely not more to it. I love my niece to pieces but my sister just let's her do what she wants.

She can let her destroy things at her house but it won't happen at mine.
That is more to the story. If your sister just let’s her do things without repercussion, that’s different thank her jist breaking something.

Old 07-07-2018, 09:44 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,321,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
That is more to the story. If your sister just let’s her do things without repercussion, that’s different thank her jist breaking something.
Even my mother has scolded my sister for that and my mom never gets angry cause she's very laid-back.

I make no apologies for what I did somewhat had to do it. Better me, than some stranger in public.

Old 07-07-2018, 10:02 PM

5,607 posts, read 6,535,098 times
"I don't mind babies on planes...yes it sucks if they scream the whole time. But I put in my ear buds and turn up the volume and just feel terrible for the parents....wish I could help..."

I think people get upset when the parents don't do anything about their screaming, unruly kids. This newer generation has a much more relaxed attitude about their children and their interactions with society in general. This correlates to many hard feelings by older people who were more strict with their children, and stereotypes all younger parents as being more lenient with their children.

Old 07-07-2018, 10:11 PM

48,581 posts, read 34,980,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Either these parents can calm their children down, or stay at home. I see no need to put up with disruptive children especially if I'm not their parent.

You made the choice to have them so raise them to not be destructive tyrants in public.

You do know that you can't exactly do anything about a crying baby?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-07-2018, 11:05 PM
KCZ

4,688 posts, read 3,691,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelhound View Post
Many of us would and people are screaming for two things; Flights with NO PETS and flights with NO CHILDREN. They can have flights on major routes once or twice a day for everyone who insists they have to bring pets and kids with them everywhere they go.

That includes the ridiculous Companion Pet program and the company who issues those false certificates, which needs to be abolished. Only the most blind or disabled truly deserve a Dog with them, and ONLY those people!

Next are the five star resorts. We want special floors with no kids or pets, and even special weeks we can arrive to the entire hotel being pet free and child free for that week only. I have had it personally. It's not even just the kids or the pets per say; I love kids and pets, that are well trained and well behaved. Todays children and animals of the snowflake generation are all wild things. Enough. I want some decorum and rules back with flying, including a dress code; no shorts, no sandals no beater t-shirts, and a few other flying rules!

I agree with most of that. I hate screaming kids anyway, and it's 1000 times worse when you're trapped with them on a plane. And it's usually not babies, it's toddlers whose parents have never taught them anything about behavior. They should NOT be allowed in business class. If I need to work, and I've paid extra for that privilege, I shouldn't have a screaming kid in the next seat or running in the aisle.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:06 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,740,545 times
I cringe when I see a baby on a plane (even though I also traveled with small children, and yes, sometimes they cried). I'm past the point of my life where I deal with toddlers at all, and I really don't want to listen to crying for 3+ hours. That being said, I've never been on a flight where a child screamed continuously. A few minutes of crying here and there don't bother me. The most annoying small child on a flight wasn't even the child... it was the parents. Little munchkin wanted to watch a shrill-sounding children's program, and rather than supply her with headphones, mom and dad just let her watch it at full volume on the iPad. So inconsiderate! Nobody else, as far as I was aware, wanted to hear stupid songs and incessant giggling (from the show, not the child). Luckily, it was a short flight.

Old 07-08-2018, 11:36 AM

88,700 posts, read 85,065,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I cringe when I see a baby on a plane (even though I also traveled with small children, and yes, sometimes they cried). I'm past the point of my life where I deal with toddlers at all, and I really don't want to listen to crying for 3+ hours. That being said, I've never been on a flight where a child screamed continuously. A few minutes of crying here and there don't bother me. The most annoying small child on a flight wasn't even the child... it was the parents. Little munchkin wanted to watch a shrill-sounding children's program, and rather than supply her with headphones, mom and dad just let her watch it at full volume on the iPad. So inconsiderate! Nobody else, as far as I was aware, wanted to hear stupid songs and incessant giggling (from the show, not the child). Luckily, it was a short flight.
I would find that annoying, but it's not just because it's a kid. I was stuck on a commuter train for with a couple of moronic 20-somethings who were loudly playing different video things on a phone and then laughing and laughing. No regard at all for all the other passengers on the train. Finally they quit with the phone and started making out.

Old 07-08-2018, 03:43 PM

19,441 posts, read 15,292,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Lol at how much this sentiment keeps coming up.

Old 07-08-2018, 04:27 PM

88,700 posts, read 85,065,285 times
Hey, I have an idea.

With today's technology, there has to be a way to create the Peaceful Journey Baby Travel Pod.

A box with comfy padding on the bottom and halfway up the sides, clear so that parents can see that baby's OK, but made so that sound cannot be heard outside the box. The only thing I can't figure out is how to get air in and out without the sound escaping.

There would have to be instructions for its use, such as that parents must not leave the Travel Pod unattended and that Travel Pods may not be stored in overhead compartments when occupied by an infant.

Anyone out there want to work on this with me? We could be rich. We could be on Shark Tank!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships