Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 07:31 AM

10,505 posts, read 7,072,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_stick View Post
Hello all,

I work at this special education school and part of the job requires driving students from home to school. I pick up 6 students (severely autistic) with 2 other staff members. On the way, the radio is always on usually playing music. I was recently put on a new route with 2 girls I had never worked with before. One morning, I hear music with lyrics mention how great Jesus was. I was like "WTF?!". One of the co-worker had tuned in the Christian radio station without asking anyone if it was ok. The other girl seemed to be fine with it. For an hour straight, the radio in the van kept spitting tasteless evangelical music. I though I was going to lose my mind. I'm not Christian and I find Christian music lame. Sorry it is offends some people but those are my personal opinions.

I was bothered but I didn't say anything, hoping it would not happen again. I was wrong. Every morning it has been the same thing. It really bothers me to have Jesus stuff rubbed on my face. The institution is a charter school funded with public money, the van belongs to the school. What if I was playing satanic death metal ? What if someone else was playing Islamic chants? I don't want to make it a bigger deal than it really is, but I think that woman should know better. I think it is rude, inconsiderate and inappropriate to other staff members, and those students.

How would you handle this?

By being open minded. And being diplomatic.

First thing's first: I'm a person of faith and I hate Christian rock. It's just, pun intended, godawful stuff. Mindless pabulum. It's a lobotomy in musical form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TsL0DO-c1E

At the same time, you don't own the radio. It might not be to your taste, but you better have a better reason to twirl the knob. Say, "Hey, can we change it to something else?" might be a good start. Or, "Hey, how about a change of pace?" Because you're not just crusading against someone's beliefs. You're also weighing in on someone's musical tastes. And, often, that's far more likely to cause offense.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:39 AM

149 posts, read 100,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Lol! Ok. I'm sorry reading comprehension isn't your strength. That must be difficult for you.
folks I request we all do some reporting here. This is REALLY Bad.^^^

Old 09-26-2018, 07:45 AM

7,999 posts, read 12,293,784 times
Thread has run it's course. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships