Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 04:41 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times

Advertisements

Maybe the guy who I got sent to prison for 10-25 years. During his trial ( in open court) he threatened to “get” me if he ever got out. I saw him after 5 years in ( parole hearing) and he looked like he was still upset, and not too happy to see me there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2019, 05:50 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
A person can hate you, without you realizing it right away.

Old 08-15-2019, 09:17 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
Jealous of my boyish good looks, and financial success I suppose
Well that make sence then..lol
Insecure people "hate" those that are more successful , more popular and better looking. But hate is a strong word. If I found out somebody hated me I would be really surprised. I'm average looking according to me. I'm not rich, my kids are not in honor classes, we are middlclass , we are always generous to others. Oh, and I'm a nice person and treat people with respect...even if they dont deserve it.
So if somebody would hate me I guess it would be a mental illness or something.

Last edited by glass_of_merlot; 08-15-2019 at 09:26 PM..

Old 08-16-2019, 12:56 AM

23,221 posts, read 29,044,905 times
When someone hates you, you can oftentimes take it as a compliment, as what we hate the most in others, we see so much of in ourselves. Love can turn to hate in a split second, hate can turn to love in a split second. How many times has that happened in my or your life?

Any time I find myself hating someone, it raises a red flag! What is it in that person that's reflecting back on me?

Old 08-16-2019, 03:47 AM

250 posts, read 148,342 times
You can hate them back secretly but still yet wish them to heal from whatever is causing them to direct hatred toward you. Likely it has nothing to do with you and everything to do with them. You are simply an outlet for them. Best bet is to remove yourself from these people if possible. If you cannot, never let your guard down. They will covertly plan something to catch you offguard later. Trust me, I know how you feel. It's a full time job dealing with haters for some of us. I still dont understand why they cannot see themselves for what they are and seek to improve but they dont.

Old 08-16-2019, 04:33 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,139,153 times
Haters are everywhere these days, always getting annoyed at the slightest thing you do.

They critise you, on some area, then you change it and they will proceed to critique something else or even critique you for changing. There is no logic or reason to the hatred, trying figure it out wastes too much time and will drain your resources.

Or if you agree with them they will ok, and turn on you at the very moment you disagree with them. They thrive on arguments and drama.

If someone hates you for a specific reason, then fine but there are so many people that will literally take opposite opinion of any you say, or just oppose you constantly just for the sake of it. Then if you agree with them they accuse you of not being yourself. Then if you get too aggressive, they have wound you up and they take pleasure from seeing you annoyed.

Perhaps it's best to just feign a boring stupid exterior, allow drama queen hater types to find other enemies, while spending your time focusing on what you want to do.

Old 08-16-2019, 08:15 AM

2,259 posts, read 4,753,512 times
I don't have any enemies, but I sure as heck don't have any friends.

Old 08-18-2019, 03:58 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
When someone hates you, you can oftentimes take it as a compliment, as what we hate the most in others, we see so much of in ourselves. Love can turn to hate in a split second, hate can turn to love in a split second. How many times has that happened in my or your life?

Any time I find myself hating someone, it raises a red flag! What is it in that person that's reflecting back on me?
No one who's hated me has ever loved me as a result of hate.

I try not to hate anyone...

Old 08-18-2019, 07:03 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,259,079 times
I am forced to deal with someone who hates me, Currently. It's a housemate and it's a real dilemma because for financial reasons I'm needing to stay put. It's awful but it's got me going to church LOL. I've dished the passive aggressive hatred back and it's only met with evil underhanded tactics on her part.
Experienced it at work as well from people at the same level as well as an executive who thought it was funny to take my print jobq and had to constantly walk around back to my desk to re-print.
Not to get a religious vibe going here but we are instructed to love our enemies. Hatred kills me but boy it's hard not to hate back.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:04 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
No. I kill them with kindness before they can even think about hating me

In all seriousness, hate is probably too strong of a word, though who knows. I will say that some people seem to envy my success. But those people don't really bother me, though, as I avoid them like the plague. Even here, I really haven't experienced much backstabbing as a result, but I think this is because I watch the company that I keep.

Edit: I'm sure some people do hate me as they consider me a "sell out, Uncle Tom type" as I've been called in the past for daring to have conservative politics as a black man Funny thing is that I'm often able to find common ground with these people if we just sit down and chat.

Now, I've had plenty of people throughout my life say hateful things to me, but I don't think most of them hate me and I chalk it up to youthful foolishness for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships