Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 10:09 PM

2,496 posts, read 1,874,117 times

Advertisements

I have five sisters. I love them all dearly, but one was especially dear to me. We were best friends, soul mates and sounding boards. We were second mothers to each other's kids. We lived on opposite sides of the country, but it was like we lived next door. I always called her "my twin who was born five years too late."

A year ago, she was taken from me by a drunk driver. I'll never be able to replace her. I'll miss her every hour of every day for the rest of my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2019, 10:54 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,629,813 times
My family hierarchy:
Older brother
Me
Younger brother
Younger sister

We as siblings are very close & live close to each other.

Older brother:
We were very close as brothers growing up even though he is 4 years older than me & we shared a lot of interests together.
His personality changed after he joined the military though & hasn't been the same since. We get along well but that connection and vibe we used to have disappeared. He is the stable one in the family. It seems every family has a "rock".

Younger brother:
Is a chaotic mess of a human being yet he is "my mess" and have always been there for him. He has suffered through anxiety attacks & depression to the likes that any normal person would have probably given up on.
He's also irresponsible when it comes to financial matters which drives me absolutely insane at times.

Younger sister:
My baby but our relationship has become strained due to her toxic relationships. Twice divorced and is now involved with a man who is somewhat abusive with her and she wasn't raised to tolerate that BS. She knows how to defend herself & has a strong personality but her choices in men just confuse me.

I love them warts and all.

Old 09-28-2019, 11:04 PM

680 posts, read 535,748 times
I have one sibling, a brother. It’s been 3 years since I’ve seen him, or talked to him. Committing crime and prison can do that to a relationship. It is what it is. Who knows maybe in 30 years we’ll break the ice, if he can turn his life around and be a decent human.

Really wish I had close family relationships. My mom is great. Never had much of a dad. Always wanted a father that showed me how to do things, was strong, smart, hard working, and set a good example. Mine wasn’t any of those.

Old 10-01-2019, 09:01 AM

80 posts, read 33,119 times
Yes. I don't think we have a lot in common actually, besides our parentage, but we're always interested in each other's lives. I enjoy the open communication I have with my siblings.

Old 10-04-2019, 11:48 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,791,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
I am belatedly realizing that my sister is my closest (girl) friend and was wondering how common this is.

Anyway, does anyone else out their love their sister or brother to pieces?
What you have is very rare.

Me: Younger sister who hasn't spoken with me after 9 years contacts me and we have met and talked 5 times. Last time she got upset because I didn't agree with her that the Christian religion is misogynistic. It's been 4-5 months since last chat. So far, she hasn't contacted me and I'm not hurting.

Older sister calls once in awhile apologizes for not calling me and then proceeds to talk about the infighting and other gossip at her job. I got her the job with a previous company and after getting hired, she started poisoning others as to my life, so that I was basically socially rejected. If they both died, I'd not be tap dancing, but sure wouldn't be crying.

You're damn lucky and I envy you.

Old 10-05-2019, 08:05 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,362,200 times
Yeah, even if it's just chillin' on the couch watching tv lol I think the big thing about us is we're just chill and avoid things that can turn into an argument. My job as a sibling is be their friend, not their parent. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships