Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 11:02 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,359,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frimpter928 View Post
Yeah, I can totally see that now. Well whatever, if his ***** ass gets dumped by this guy, he can run to someone else to cry about all his woes if he is going to be so weird about all that. He's definitely was not secretive back then.
People change overtime for whatever reason. He sees you more of an acquaintance than actually a close friend. I’m not into secretiveness if I think someone is a close friend. I knew a guy like that and eventually dumped him. While we were dating and getting serious, he didn’t like me prying into his personal life and would make excuses not talking about something. I wasn’t cool with that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2019, 12:44 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Sometimes I feel like I must be doing something wrong because I can't imagine having these kinds of conversations with a friend or even giving a second thought to most of this nonsense. I can barely keep track of my friends' social lives apart from the one they share with me, and I don't think they expect me to.

Old 10-21-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
I actually don't feel like I need to know everything about the person, but what I don't like is when it starts to feel like a game. Okay, so you were married once and it came out. Cool. But why are you acting so weird about it. And why entrust someone you only have known for 1.5 months about that info, yet a friend of a few years you want to hide it from them. Bizarre to me.
I daresay YOU are the one acting weird about it. You were interrogating the guy all the way up to the meet. Are you unable to read social cues?

Old 10-21-2019, 01:05 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Frimpter, COULD it be possible that at some point in time, this friend had a 'thing' for you? And maybe your friend felt weird about THAT? Maybe?

Another thought...maybe your friend was afraid he'd get teased about rebounding, or something like that?

I will agree with you though...that kind of behavior would be SUPER annoying to me.

Old 10-21-2019, 01:08 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I daresay YOU are the one acting weird about it. You were interrogating the guy all the way up to the meet. Are you unable to read social cues?

I don't know...I don't see it that way. I see this friend dropping hints, and to me, it sounds like the friend WANTS Frimpter to press him for more questions, and then the friend gets all coy.

Old 10-21-2019, 01:10 PM

6,453 posts, read 9,814,509 times
Don't most people have SOMETHING that they don't want to talk about? It's his business. I don't see what the big deal is. I have a past marriage I don't bring up very often too lol I don't lie about it when asked but I don't bring it up.

Doesn't make me weird or deceitful imo.

Old 10-21-2019, 01:47 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,420,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Don't most people have SOMETHING that they don't want to talk about? It's his business. I don't see what the big deal is. I have a past marriage I don't bring up very often too lol I don't lie about it when asked but I don't bring it up.

Doesn't make me weird or deceitful imo.
You're missing my point. I don't think it's just that, it's the combination of all of them.

For example, when he told me he had good news to tell me then refused to tell me I was like whatever. If that was it, I wouldn't have started a thread. But then when you add on top of that, him being secretive of who he is bringing, then on top of that being weird about a past marriage, then on top not responding to things, it's just weird. It's stupid tbh. Like what's the point?

If he would have been normal about the everything else, but secretive about his past marriage, I wouldn't really care. But when he is acting weird after one thing, after another after another, it's strange behavior.

Old 10-21-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I don't know...I don't see it that way. I see this friend dropping hints, and to me, it sounds like the friend WANTS Frimpter to press him for more questions, and then the friend gets all coy.
Agreed. Going out of your way to text someone "I have good news" and then refusing to tell the person you texted what the news is an make them wait, it's just stupid and feels like you are playing a game. If you are not going to tell me, then don't bring it up.

Old 10-21-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Frimpter, COULD it be possible that at some point in time, this friend had a 'thing' for you? And maybe your friend felt weird about THAT? Maybe?

Another thought...maybe your friend was afraid he'd get teased about rebounding, or something like that?

I will agree with you though...that kind of behavior would be SUPER annoying to me.
He was friend that I originally met because he was a hook up (four years ago). When it happened I felt no chemistry and it was just meh, we didn't do much because I don't think either digged the other too much. That was our very first time we met up. Didn't talk at all after that for a year, but then he reached out to me out of the blue a year later, seeking platonic friendships with other gay guys (he already had a boyfriend by then), and he said he thought I was enjoyable to be around so he thought it wouldn't hurt to befriend me. I am pretty social so I said sure why not, as long as we both are on the same page (platonic) which we were. Again, I have zero interest in him and I felt there was no chemistry ever between us in that way. So that was a few years ago and since then we have been friends totally fine. Never got a feeling or saw signs of his interest in me. He was always into his BF. I have never seen anything that made me think he does have feelings for me.

To your second point, that could be a possibility. He is someone that cannot be single. He is also someone that his ex really treated him like **** at the very end. I was very vocal with him letting him know, that he shouldn't let anyone treat him like that. I was also very vocal in letting him know that he shouldn't rush into anything either. Because a week after he broke up, he started going on dates right away. I told him he should take some time for himself and heal a little. Anyway, perhaps he thought I would be critical (which in my head I would be but I am supportive).

Old 10-21-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
You're missing my point. I don't think it's just that, it's the combination of all of them.
Quote:
But when he is acting weird after one thing, after another after another, it's strange behavior.
OK. Maybe. But so what? What IS your point? What do you want us to say? Yes, it's strange. And what else...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships