Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2019, 07:20 AM

25 posts, read 13,545 times

Advertisements

Let me preface by saying he is NOT a shy person. Also he is 24 years old and I am 26 years old.

I haven't seen my guy friend in like 4 years. We kinda ended things on a bad note. It was an immature verbal fight. We were platonic friends. When I saw him, I was shocked! It was completely unexpected to see a car in front of my house. I said "Hello" and he was smiling at me and said "Hello" back. He then proceeded to lock eyes with my face/eyes in terms of not looking away from me, so I proceeded to make small talk because he was just staring at me. He came over my house to get tutored by my brother. (We live in the same household for the time being) For college math.

I had to go out. But I came back and I told my bro something important. I noticed my old guy friend was looking at me and kept smiling. I cleared the air with him, and told him how everything is cool. He kept bringing up past memories. He remembered everything we did, things I couldn't even remember until he jarred my memory. He was still smiling at me as he was talking, and he hugged me like 3 or 4 times.

He kept saying he was glad we were on good terms. He also said he is happy we can have a fresh start. He hasn't texted me since the interaction though? I texted him my number but we haven't spoken. He said he wanted me to see his baby, and he just couldn't stop hugging me. He even was reversing back to his car facing forward at me. He was still talking to me facing forward going back to his car. He wouldn't even turn his back and talk to me while he was walking to his car. He like couldn't keep his eyes off me face/eyes and he was still smiling. So, why then ghost after that? Does it mean he had more feelings for me? Or something else? Or something odd I am not picking up on? It's kinda strange to have such strong chemistry like that, and then just ghost. Haha. What do you get from this interaction? I felt the chemistry rekindled between us, but nothing after that happened.

Last edited by InfraredRoses; 12-07-2019 at 07:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2019, 07:22 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfraredRoses View Post
Let me preface by saying he is NOT a shy person. Also he is 24 years old and I am 26 years old.

I haven't seen my guy friend in like 4 years. We kinda ended things on a bad note. It was an immature verbal fight. We were platonic friends. When I saw him, I was shocked! It was completely unexpected to see a car in front of my house. I said "Hello" and he was smiling at me and said "Hello" back. He then proceeded to lock eyes with my face/eyes in terms of not looking away from me, so I proceeded to make small talk because he was just staring at me. He came over my house to get tutored by my brother. (We live in the same household for the time being) For college math.

I had to go out. But I came back and I told my bro something important. I noticed my old guy friend was looking at me and kept smiling. I cleared the air with him, and told him how everything is cool. He kept bringing up past memories. He remembered everything we did, things I couldn't even remember until he jarred my memory. He was still smiling at me as he was talking, and he hugged me like 3 or 4 times.

He kept saying he was glad we were on good terms. He also said he is happy we can have a fresh start. He hasn't texted me since the interaction though? I texted him my number but we haven't spoken. He said he wanted me to see his baby, and he just couldn't stop hugging me. He even was reversing back to his car facing forward at me. He was still talking to me facing forward going back to his car. He wouldn't even turn his back and talk to me while he was walking to his car. He like couldn't keep his eyes off me face/eyes and he was still smiling. So, why then ghost after that? Does it mean he had more feelings for me? Or something else?Or something I odd I am not picking up on? It's kinda strange to have such strong chemistry like that, and then just ghost. Haha. What do you get from this interaction? I felt the chemistry rekindled between us, but nothing after that happened.
If he wanted something to happen, he would have capitalized on one of the many opportunities you gave him.

Old 12-07-2019, 09:41 AM

8,153 posts, read 8,357,075 times
He is obviously fond of you and holds the time you shared in his heart as a valuable part of his past. It really stirred him to reconnect with you on that day and it brought up memories of very happy times IN THE PAST. You are someone he used to know and cares about.

You are part of his history, not his future.

Old 12-07-2019, 10:53 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Sweet story, OP. I'm leaning towards hoping this may be more than just a stroll down memory lane; maybe he'll come around eventually; he might be really busy with his studies, IDK. But this jumped out at me, from your narrative:
Quote:
He said he wanted me to see his baby, .
Baby? He has a baby? What's that about? Are you sure he's single?

Old 12-07-2019, 11:28 AM

My brother was also friends with him, but we were closer. My brother is 31, so he is 7 years older than him, but he always kept in touch with my brother over the course of four years we had our falling out. My brother told me he was single like months ago. He was with his baby mama for awhile but they were on and off. I thought he was still single and co parenting but apparently he is back with his girlfriend/baby mama. So, now I am just feeling foolish.

He obviously just was being polite and I took it as something more. He said he wanted me to come see his baby, and he is glad to have a fresh start with me, etc. But I guess it was all talk. It seemed I was more bold anyways, but now I see why. He isn't single. But he could've said he couldn't have my number for that reason. Either way I guess it's just like what another poster said "history". I just never seen him so happy and smiley like that before. But I see more clearly how this is all BS.

Last edited by InfraredRoses; 12-07-2019 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: Typo

Old 12-07-2019, 12:31 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
My brother was also friends with him, but we were closer. My brother is 31, so he is 7 years older than him, but he always kept in touch with my brother over the course of four years we had our falling out. My brother told me he was single like months ago. He was with his baby mama for awhile but they were on and off. I thought he was still single and co parenting but apparently he is back with his girlfriend/baby mama. So, now I am just feeling foolish.

He obviously just was being polite and I took it as something more. He said he wanted me to come see his baby, and he is glad to have a fresh start with me, etc. But I guess it was all talk. It seemed I was more bold anyways, but now I see why. He isn't single. But he could've said he couldn't have my number for that reason. Either way I guess it's just like what another poster said "history". I just never seen him so happy and smiley like that before. But I see more clearly how this is all BS.
I can see how his behavior was deceptive, OP. Honestly, I still think there's more going on there, under the surface, on his part. But there's nothing you can do, since he's back with the baby's mama.

Old 12-07-2019, 12:36 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,448,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I can see how his behavior was deceptive, OP. Honestly, I still think there's more going on there, under the surface, on his part. But there's nothing you can do, since he's back with the baby's mama.
I think he's just looking for another warm place to put it.

Old 12-07-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yeah, I agree. I would've understood if he would've said "My girlfriend wouldn't appreciate me having your number." I definitely wouldn't even have offered. I was under the impression he was single. My brother was on the phone with his girlfriend and off in his own world, so he wasn't paying attention to our conversation. When I went to my brother and asked him if my "friend" said anything, he said that my "friend" was mindful of our convo and actually said to my brother "I hope everything is ok now and good. I hope she's ok." But then that's when my brother told me he is with his girlfriend again. And he was kinda shocked he didn't tell me that.

Yeah, I'm just going to let it go, but it kinda hurts. I'm not going to lie. Because he should've been more vocal about his situation and I would've backed off. I even messaged him on FB later that day saying I am glad we cleared things up. He replied with a happy message, and saying he loves the fact we are starting fresh, and I should come by and see the baby, etc, etc. It was a good convo, but then there were crickets. Now knowing he has a girlfriend, I'm definitely just trashing everything. I'm honestly hurt by the fact he didn't tell me that so I would know how to engage with him.

Old 12-07-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I think he's just looking for another warm place to put it.
Well, he didn't get that when we were friends, and now he certainly won't get that now haha. I'm kinda hurt by his dishonesty/actions.

Old 12-07-2019, 01:16 PM

34,091 posts, read 83,000,140 times
Quote:
age. gender. proximity. You don't need much else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships