Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 01:26 PM

12,779 posts, read 14,992,488 times

Advertisements

I'm not a hugger-type really either. So what's she going to do, start hugging you more & more often everyday?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2020, 09:52 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,264,790 times
I had a friend who was also an ex coworker. We would meet for coffee a few times a month. She had been fighting lymphoma for a few years but seemed to be doing okay. She'd never kissed me before, but one day when we said goodbye she kissed me on the cheek. I thought it was kind of odd. A week or so later she was in hospice and when I saw her she was medicated and not responsive. I think she knew the last time we had coffee that I may not see her again.

Old 01-05-2020, 10:21 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
My niece saved a text I once sent that said something to the effect that my boss hugged me unexpectedly and that she is so skinny and bony that it felt really creepy.

She brought it up a couple of years later.

I have since run into that former boss at industry events and she has hugged me again and she's just all bone with skin stretched over it.

Old 01-05-2020, 10:45 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,665,962 times
I'm not the hugging type. However, I'm a pretty, "live and let live" kind of guy. I've had several coworkers ask me if they can give be a hug after something significant happened. I always say yes, and give them a hug, because I know it means something to them. It's not hard.

Old 01-05-2020, 11:36 PM

73 posts, read 31,317 times
I hug female co workers ALL the time, sometimes even male co workers. I even hug customers at my work and they hug me. People at my work are huggers I guess. I don't do that "sexual harrassment" stuff, just friendly hugging. I don't do much friendly flirting anymore since my depression swept over me.

Old 01-06-2020, 07:03 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,555,015 times
Personally, I see no problem with a hug anywhere. What makes it a problem is the environment, the situation, the occasion, etc.

From a business standpoint, a simple mutual hug can have some unintended consequences later. To begin with, someone may interpret it as something more than a hug. If the hug is between a manager and his or her subordinate, someone else can use it to claim favoritism when that individual does not like a decision the manager makes, does not get recommended for promotions, etc.

One of the other individual may interpret a hug as something more than a friendly action. That can lead to bad outcomes.

My take on this is from the business standpoint, so be careful.
You have a great day.
elamigo

Old 01-06-2020, 07:15 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,574,798 times
I dont remember hugging my co-workers at all. Not even for holidays. Only time I hugged my co-worker is at her husbands funeral. She was crying and I was crying and we hugged. Thats it.

If she was hugging you for no reason, maybe she has a thing for you?? (see what i did there? this is what people will say, usually, when hugs happen for no reason at work).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships