Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2019, 10:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,015 times

Advertisements

What do you think about a hug for no reason? I have a female coworker. Usually we hug each other before/after holidays or on birthday. But a couple of weeks ago she came at the beginning of a normal working day to me and said "I hug you again" and then hugged me for no reason.

What do you think about this? Is this weird?

Greetz Michael
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2019, 10:11 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,149,937 times
Some people are just "huggers".

Unless, it appears to be some type of sexual harassment or inappropriate for your work place I would just ignore it. Or if she is hugging you too much just say "Let's save our hugs for birthdays and holidays".

Old 12-30-2019, 02:04 PM

23,292 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_87 View Post
What do you think about a hug for no reason? I have a female coworker. Usually we hug each other before/after holidays or on birthday. But a couple of weeks ago she came at the beginning of a normal working day to me and said "I hug you again" and then hugged me for no reason.

Greetz Michael
Not really, as you have already established that hugs were acceptable before. Apparently she felt there was a "reason" to hug you.

Old 12-30-2019, 09:43 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,359,241 times
I never hugged my co-workers. I didn't know people did that in the workplace.

Old 12-31-2019, 03:54 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
somethings off

if I hugged a woman at work im now breaking 15 policies
of course, if she's coming to you it's always different for the woman....(than if a guy was a persistent hugger)

does she ever look you in the eyes right before or during the hug?

last time I saw this … a woman initiating the hugging ….at work it was a younger woman with a fatherly type older man and it eventually turned into an affair and wrecked his marriage …..

if you want to end this...tell her you've got to stop hugging because of security cameras....pick up everything and hugging can be used (by the woman) as workplace sexual harrassment )

or give her a trump t shirt.... she will stop

Old 12-31-2019, 04:57 AM

2,955 posts, read 1,412,392 times
I hope never to get hugged by my coworkers.

Old 12-31-2019, 06:00 AM

2,557 posts, read 2,681,266 times
The only people I want hugs from are people I know that truly give a $#!+ about me or people attractive to me, lol.

Old 12-31-2019, 07:32 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,532,629 times
I don't hug co-workers for many reasons and I recommend you do the same. Now I'm moving away from handshakes. I'll give a little bow now when I greet people.

Old 12-31-2019, 07:52 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,359,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
somethings off

if I hugged a woman at work im now breaking 15 policies
of course, if she's coming to you it's always different for the woman....(than if a guy was a persistent hugger)
does she ever look you in the eyes right before or during the hug?

last time I saw this … a woman initiating the hugging ….at work it was a younger woman with a fatherly type older man and it eventually turned into an affair and wrecked his marriage …..

if you want to end this...tell her you've got to stop hugging because of security cameras....pick up everything and hugging can be used (by the woman) as workplace sexual harrassment )

or give her a trump t shirt.... she will stop
That's sad....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I don't hug co-workers for many reasons and I recommend you do the same. Now I'm moving away from handshakes. I'll give a little bow now when I greet people.
Handshakes is way less personal than a hug.

Old 12-31-2019, 08:06 AM

6,559 posts, read 8,391,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_87 View Post

Greetz Michael
Perhaps hugging is appropriate for her culture (presumed because of the broken English) and it may not be “weird”. However, if it bothers you, the next time she comes in for a hug deflect and let her know you’d prefer no more hugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships