Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 08:25 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times

Advertisements

My younger sister, myself, and our respective spouses and children went on our first family vacation a few days ago. She lost a lot of weight and looks amazing. I've gained some weight and although I'm not fat by any means, I could stand to lose 20 pounds. Once we arrived, she approached me with a three pack of granny panties saying, "I bought these and they are way too big for me. You want them? I tried on a pair but I'm not sure which one but I washed them so they are clean. Here."

I took them, pretended to be grateful, and immediately decided to throw them away. So many thoughts raced through my mind in that millisecond. Not only was I grossed out, I was insulted. First of all, she implied that I was fat which I'm not. Then there's the gross factor. Who wears someone else's used panties? Then she implied that I'm poor and although she is now better off financially than me, I can certainly afford my own panties! Lastly, granny panties aren't my style. I have always worn thongs and G-strings. We have had detailed conversations about that. So apparently she either doesn't remember my style or doesn't care. Grrr

Old 05-28-2020, 08:38 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
My younger sister, myself, and our respective spouses and children went on our first family vacation a few days ago. She lost a lot of weight and looks amazing. I've gained some weight and although I'm not fat by any means, I could stand to lose 20 pounds. Once we arrived, she approached me with a three pack of granny panties saying, "I bought these and they are way too big for me. You want them? I tried on a pair but I'm not sure which one but I washed them so they are clean. Here."

I took them, pretended to be grateful, and immediately decided to throw them away. So many thoughts raced through my mind in that millisecond. Not only was I grossed out, I was insulted. First of all, she implied that I was fat which I'm not. Then there's the gross factor. Who wears someone else's used panties? Then she implied that I'm poor and although she is now better off financially than me, I can certainly afford my own panties! Lastly, granny panties aren't my style. I have always worn thongs and G-strings. We have had detailed conversations about that. So apparently she either doesn't remember my style or doesn't care. Grrr
You've had detailed conversations with your sister over your preference for thongs?? lolol

Please don't make this into family drama. Toss the underwear and forget about it. Don't read into it.

Old 05-28-2020, 08:58 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Just because she passed along something that she couldn't use, that doesn't mean that she was implying you are poor. That's a reach. People pass things to one another (rather than throwing them away and creating waste) all the time.

If you don't want them, do whatever you want with them. Throw them away if you wish. But stop assuming what she meant by it. You're projecting your own insecurities.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:02 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Wow. I think you might be overreacting a tad. But thanks for sharing your taste in sexy underwear with all on C-D. I'm sure it wasn't to titillate the male virgins!

Old 05-28-2020, 09:04 AM

6,450 posts, read 9,810,701 times
It was your sister, her clean washed panties should be fine, its not like it was a stranger with cooties lol

Old 05-28-2020, 09:06 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
It was your sister, her clean washed panties should be fine, its not like it was a stranger with cooties lol
Right? And it's not like she wore them for three months straight before washing them. She tried them on, they didn't fit, she washed them. NBFD

Old 05-28-2020, 09:08 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,868,485 times
You could always say No, thanks and... Not take it.

I wouldn't have taken it, but I doubt my sister would've offered because she knows I would have tease her about the Granny panties

Old 05-28-2020, 09:08 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,697,825 times
Just make face masks from them. In this time of hoarding yet, oddly, waste, somebody would appreciate having them.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:18 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
There is a lot of background behind my hurt feelings, part of which involved my distress over my quarantine related weight gain and my wife and I going on furlough. We were only able to get the condo through a rock bottom veteran's discount. Her husband is doing very well with his business which has caused her to flaunt their newfound wealth. I'm happy for her, truly, but it's the attitude of smug superiority and the bragging about her money that is bothering me.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:19 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,671,651 times
She tried them on for probably 30 seconds max and washed them. I don’t know how that is any grosser than buying a bathing suit from the store that multiple people have likely tried on before you. It is not like the sticker is really going to provide a high level of protection if the person or people trying on the suit is wearing an itsy bitsy thong underneath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships