Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 09:26 PM

28,955 posts, read 30,307,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
did someone call me?

oooohhhhh my gawd, what a freakin noightmare, are you saying you didn't blend?

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd155/hrtofdixie69/vito-1.jpg (broken link)

I loved her in that movie, she was terrific...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 10:37 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,930,464 times
Getting back on topic a little (sorry!), one of my neighbors asked me recently if, on trash day, he can put stuff in my garbage and recycling bins if I have room in them (and if he has no room in his). (And he offered me to do the same w/ his trash/recycle.) I said no problem, as long as he's not disposing bomb-making books in my recycle bin.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:45 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,207,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Getting back on topic a little (sorry!), one of my neighbors asked me recently if, on trash day, he can put stuff in my garbage and recycling bins if I have room in them (and if he has no room in his). (And he offered me to do the same w/ his trash/recycle.) I said no problem, as long as he's not disposing bomb-making books in my recycle bin.
You think the garbage gets labeled in the truck and traced to which can it came from...? One day it might happen but for now Big Brother is too busy with more important things.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You think the garbage gets labeled in the truck and traced to which can it came from...? One day it might happen but for now Big Brother is too busy with more important things.
I was just joking with him. But in theory, if someone found suspicious garbage in one's container, they could report it. And if that suspicious garbage was near other garbage that could ID you (such as discarded mail, etc. w/ your name and address) ... who knows.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I was just joking with him. But in theory, if someone found suspicious garbage in one's container, they could report it. And if that suspicious garbage was near other garbage that could ID you (such as discarded mail, etc. w/ your name and address) ... who knows.
Oh, I wouldn't totally discount the idea... There may be a position somewhere - basura security investigator.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, I wouldn't totally discount the idea... There may be a position somewhere - basura security investigator.
I've heard of mothers throwing away their babies in the trash and then having the disposed infant be traced back to those mothers.

That also just makes me sick and disgusted, but I digress.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:13 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,634,640 times
In a couple of towns I've lived in, they sold stickers for your garbage bags that you had to buy at the town public building. They'd record your name and the set of sticker numbers, so I guess in that case they could easily trace it to you.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
In a couple of towns I've lived in, they sold stickers for your garbage bags that you had to buy at the town public building. They'd record your name and the set of sticker numbers, so I guess in that case they could easily trace it to you.
Wow, I'm mighty surprised we're behind on this trend. Where was that? Crap normally travels West-East.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:29 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,263,716 times
I never formally introduced myself to my new neighbors when we moved in but I did leave my kids wagon and a few toys out front by accident. The day after the trucks left, the word had obviously hit the street that new kids were in the neighborhood and we were inundated with introductions and invitations for barbecues and playdates.

I really love my neighbors. They are the best. No one is overly interested in what we are doing but they keep a keen eye on whats going on. Perfect combo!

Old 07-25-2008, 02:33 PM

I've got some strange neighbors. When I first met them, the guy introduced the girl as his GF, but it looked like they were to live together... Haven't seen her since. No blinds ever go up, no windows ever get opened, nobody ever goes out on the patio... Granted, our patios are still on dirt and not particularly appealing, but I hope she's just not in the picture anymore as opposed to being say in his freezer...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships