Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 07:24 AM

1,152 posts, read 3,200,927 times

Advertisements

I occasionally check out the casual encounters section, and have even posted there, but never with success. I'd say 99% of the posts there by females are totally fake - they are just trying to get you to check out some cam site or something. Sometimes that's obvious when you see the post, sometimes it becomes clear only when you send an email and get a response that says "check out my pics at <enter web site here>." Anyone real will send pics via email. The word for this fakeness in CL speak is "bot." Now if you are a gay male, or are a woman looking for a guy, you could have success there finding a casual encounter, but as a guy looking for a girl, the odds are pretty long. It may be better in bigger cities though - I live in a small university town.

As for safety, its no more or less safe than other online dating. Just use common sense. Talk to the person online a while first, get to know them some. Then meet them in a PUBLIC place for dinner or something. Then, if you are comfortable with them, you can think about taking them home for the real purpose =P. As for the sections other than "casual encounters" - they don't seem heavily used where I am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 10:12 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
You've got to work hard get a casual encounter...like the song work hard for the money..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahutch View Post
As for the sections other than "casual encounters" - they don't seem heavily used where I am.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:39 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
You've got to work hard get a casual encounter...like the song work hard for the money..
Join a site like AFF (Adult Friend Finder) and find out where the Meet and Greets are occurring. That way you can actually meet people face-to-face who are interested in casual relationships. Or serious ones if you want. I've met both types through AFF here in Atlanta.

The AFF web site itself is a waste, IMO, except as a way to find out where the M&G events occur.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:13 PM

3,378 posts, read 9,209,035 times
CL is a good thing. I have found my place to live, bought a car, sold a car, bought two motorcycles, concert tickets, bike parts...blah blah. But I also meet my girlfriend on there. We have been dating almost five months

I am the one who put the ad up and she responded. It is just like any other form of internet dating. This one just happens to be free

Old 07-30-2008, 01:08 PM

55 posts, read 124,257 times
Where can I find a graiglist I have heard about them. Never seen one though?

Old 07-30-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Join a site like AFF (Adult Friend Finder) and find out where the Meet and Greets are occurring. That way you can actually meet people face-to-face who are interested in casual relationships. Or serious ones if you want. I've met both types through AFF here in Atlanta.

The AFF web site itself is a waste, IMO, except as a way to find out where the M&G events occur.
Interesting.. I may take a closer look at AFF. I'm not sure how good it is where I am (small town) though. I'm also a little leery of having my photo up on a site like that.. my work has a somewhat public face to it. That being said.. in your experience.. what is the age of people who go to AFF M&G? I'm mainly looking for girls close to my age, in their 20s.

Old 07-30-2008, 01:37 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jahutch View Post
Interesting.. I may take a closer look at AFF. I'm not sure how good it is where I am (small town) though. I'm also a little leery of having my photo up on a site like that.. my work has a somewhat public face to it. That being said.. in your experience.. what is the age of people who go to AFF M&G? I'm mainly looking for girls close to my age, in their 20s.
The group that meets in Doraville GA (or used to meet -- neither I nor my wife have been to a M&G in a while) was mainly in their 30's, I'd guess, with some folks older. Not many younger folks. A few in their late 20's.

I've not gone to the one in Kennesaw at all. I'll ask my wife about it, tho.

The M&Gs get your foot in the door and get you known (and introduce you to some of the regulars), but going to a larger party might be a better way to meet some of the younger folks. I dunno, really ... my wife is a lot more involved than I am, and most people in their 20's don't interest me except on a very basic biological/procreative level. Which may be the point for you, I dunno.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
most people in their 20's don't interest me except on a very basic biological/procreative level. Which may be the point for you, I dunno.
Yeah I think that's the point... a good romp in the sack.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:03 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,059 times
if your so desperate why don't you get a little doggy from the pound. Clean her up slap a bow on her then your good to go.

Old 07-30-2008, 05:52 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
eww casual is sick man.

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships