Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 12:48 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,482,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I told you not to post that pic of Dr. Lechter on your ad!
Didn't even have to do that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 12:51 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,482,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I think one of the best features of CL is:

best-of-craigslist
I sometimes go to this section when I really wanna let loose...although hanging out there warps people even more:

philadelphia rants & raves classifieds - craigslist

[mod cut] No linking to craigslist... Thanks.

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 09-21-2008 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: removed link

Old 09-21-2008, 06:55 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,833,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I have met nice peopel on Craigs. I've heard people make the same sort of comments about people selling items from there as well and I find NO validity to that. the people have been genuine and tend to sell everything for deep discounts than other sources. I've had very good luck and met great people but I dont have a bad belief about people either. perhaps you get what you expect.
Me too. I bought this old computer on CL and it works great. I got two jobs, sold furniture and found other stuff.

Old 09-21-2008, 07:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,216,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
Me too. I bought this old computer on CL and it works great. I got two jobs, sold furniture and found other stuff.
But most likely not people...?

Old 09-14-2009, 04:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,276 times
Hey I am new to the area. Just here visiting trying to find some cool fun people to chill wit, Hope to hear from some people.. Like to Party and let loose....

Old 09-14-2009, 05:04 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,558,694 times
I did CL for a time. I posted there under Casual Encounters, only because I wasn't looking for a full time relationship. Then I went to Women Seeking Men because I wasn't looking to be a booty call either. They don't really have a section for something part-time AND meaningful.

I'd say about 40% of the responses, overall, were good ones; a pretty good number for CL. The rest were easy to dump into the trash bin. But I was very specific with my ad, making it longer than most. The bottom feeders don't care to read much.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:54 PM

2 posts, read 2,742 times
Smile Use a pay service to find a mate

Craigslist isnt good for dating -scary. Use one of the big pay sites. Generally people are more serious and have money because they can afford to pay for a dating service!

-Good Luck and never settle! It's a big internet.

Maybe they are in a different country....hmmm

Old 09-14-2009, 08:58 PM

720 posts, read 1,409,023 times
You know...TVGUY uses Craigslist...so enough said.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:55 PM

3 posts, read 3,357 times
Finding new friends can definitely be tough, especially when you have work. I would suggest going to meetups or finding local groups to join. People who participate in events are usually more serious about finding friends and open to meeting new people. In my opinion, meeting people over Craigslist is just too unpredictable, since everyone can post and nothing is curated.

If you are looking for long-term friends, I would also suggest FriendMatcher - Home

It is a new service that personally meets potential friends for you and plans fun activities for you to do with your potential new friend! The service is in a beta stage, so everything is free!

Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships