Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 12:04 PM

462 posts, read 969,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Here's what I don't get. Three days ago, when I had a temperature, a headache, body aches, and generally felt lousy, I went down to the Publix to buy some medicine, and other sundry stuff. At the register, I managed to say "Hello" to the cashier, say "Please" and "thank you" and "Have a nice day," and do it with a degree of pleasantness. Now if I can do that when I feel like death warmed over, why can't people do that when they're feeling perfectly fine? Seriously, how hard can it be?
Have you been to a drive thru or to a fast food rest. lately? Years ago when I worked fast food... it was expected for us to say please and thank you (heck growing up it was expected of us...I still say it). Now when I go through a drive-thru, they toss the bag at you & say 'here ya go'. I say 'thank you' and they shut the window... Its just irritating
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 12:05 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,152,306 times
Maybe those people are just upset because they aren't qualified to take on more 'sophisticated' professions.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:09 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,527,528 times
a rude society with a few kind people floating in it.
welcome to my world.
we need more flowers.
and naughty children need that whuppin badly.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:13 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,226,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Maybe those people are just upset because they aren't qualified to take on more 'sophisticated' professions.
Hmmm....do they have a bad attitude because they're not qualified? Or are they not qualified because they have a bad attitude?

Old 01-08-2009, 12:13 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,152,306 times
Quote:
Hmmm....do they have a bad attitude because they're not qualified? Or are they not qualified because they have a bad attitude?
Maybe bitter because they're not qualified due to a bad attitude

Old 01-08-2009, 12:14 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,273,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Maybe bitter because they're not qualified due to a bad attitude
Hmmm, you may be on to something

Old 01-08-2009, 12:15 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,061,682 times
Quote:
Here's what I don't get. Three days ago, when I had a temperature, a headache, body aches, and generally felt lousy, I went down to the Publix to buy some medicine, and other sundry stuff. At the register, I managed to say "Hello" to the cashier, say "Please" and "thank you" and "Have a nice day," and do it with a degree of pleasantness. Now if I can do that when I feel like death warmed over, why can't people do that when they're feeling perfectly fine? Seriously, how hard can it be?
Hey, you're right! I'm always making excuses for other people, but you're right. There's no excuse. It's nobody's fault if you're having a bad day, so keep it to yourself and be pleasant or at least don't be rude.

I totally agree.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:19 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,061,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpieheaven View Post
Have you been to a drive thru or to a fast food rest. lately? Years ago when I worked fast food... it was expected for us to say please and thank you (heck growing up it was expected of us...I still say it). Now when I go through a drive-thru, they toss the bag at you & say 'here ya go'. I say 'thank you' and they shut the window... Its just irritating
That's probably because they don't speak English.

I don't get it. My family started immigrating here 40 years ago and still are, but they go above and beyond to learn English. Now, you can't even get a job at a fast-food place unless you speak Spanish... No kidding... I know lots who've tried.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:40 PM

378 posts, read 773,121 times
OK! You nice ad nauseum perfect people I'm going to give you some ammunition. Enjoy!

Not too long ago, I was happily waiting at one of those Bag Your f-Own check-up line in the grocery store. Well, this tall nice looking guy, with his nice looking kid, just got checked out, and an older woman, in front of me, was completing her purchase. Both had substantial amount of groceries. Therefore, both Bag Your f-Own lane were full, which was perfectly fine by me. The thing that irritated me was the tall nice looking guy instead of bagging stepped away and started checking his bill. In the meantime, the older lady kept diligently packing, the shopper line accumulating, and this guy is reviewing his receipt. Then store clerk (which turns out to be the store manger!) comes up to this guy and start clapping him on the back and having a chat. While the older woman is rushing through, we're all standing and cashier lady is looking glassy eyed. Finally, the older lady left and I was rung in and paid. Since I ignore child labor laws, my kids set themselves up to bag. So being annoyed rotten over the Mason Dixie line whatever you call me, I made a clearly heard request to the kids “Please try to pack quickly. We don't want people waiting.” So the guy looked at me (by the way he just now began slowly bagging) and laid out the very original "Patience is a virtue" line. Duh! I looked up at him and said "So is consideration!" and left.

So, go ahead and flay me raw. I'm human and yes, I do get irritated.

Last edited by joyBeing; 01-08-2009 at 01:09 PM..

Old 01-08-2009, 12:42 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,226,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyBeing View Post
OK! You nice ad nauseum perfect people I'm going to give you some ammunition. Enjoy!

Not too long ago, I was happily waiting at one of those Bag Your f-Own check-up line in the grocery store. Well, this tall nice looking guy, with his nice looking kid, just got checked out, and an older woman, in front of me, was completing her purchase. Both had substantial amount of groceries. Therefore, both Bag Your f-Own lane were full, which was perfectly fine by me. The thing that irritated me was the tall nice looking guy instead of bagging stepped away and started checking his bill. In the meantime, the older lady kept diligently packing, the shopper line accumulating, and this guy is reviewing his receipt. Then store clerk (which turns out to be the store manger!) comes up to this guy and start clapping him on the back and having a chat. While the older woman is rushing through, we're all standing and cashier lady is looking glassy eyed. Finally, the older lady left and I was rung in and paid. Since I ignore child labor laws, my kids set themselves up to bag. So being annoyed rotten over the Mason Dixie line whatever you call me, I made a clearly heard request to the kids “Please try to pack quickly. We don't want people waiting.” So the guy looked at me (by the way he just now began slowly bagging) and laid out the very original line "Patience is a virtue" Duh! I looked at up at him and said "So is consideration!" and left.

So, go ahead and flay me raw. I'm human and yes, I do get irritated.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
hahaha. However, I do find irony in your screen name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships