Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 09:49 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,273,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Not something Id want. I didnt want anyone around me during labor and delivery, my husband was there, but Id been happier if he hadnt been. I was in delivery when my first grandkid was born.
My neice had her mom, dad, dads wife, 2 brothers, husband and husbands parents and brother-inlaw in delivery. Now thats creepy.
That sounds more like a cocktail party
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 09:53 AM

36,658 posts, read 30,967,790 times
Quote:
I wouldnt be surprised if there wasnt some drinking involved.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I wouldnt be surprised if there wasnt some drinking involved.
Well I may have been compelled to accept that invitation if there were promises of some alcohol

Old 01-26-2009, 09:59 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,074,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Yes, it does. I wonder if anyone brought a goody platter!

Old 01-26-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Yes, it does. I wonder if anyone brought a goody platter!
Ugh, I'd hate to know what would be on it

Old 01-26-2009, 10:15 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,504,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
Have you ever thanked your mother, for giving birth, to YOU?
JonathanLB has never thanked anyone for anything! He thinks he is better than everyone else and is entitled to everything he wants! If you dont believe me just read some of his earlier posts. he gives the male of the species a bad name and is quite literally the reason alot of women turn gay!!!!!!

Old 01-26-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
JonathanLB has never thanked anyone for anything! He thinks he is better than everyone else and is entitled to everything he wants! If you dont believe me just read some of his earlier posts. he gives the male of the species a bad name and is quite literally the reason alot of women turn gay!!!!!!
Or, save yourself the time of searching and ask him...he'll tell you

Old 01-26-2009, 11:07 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,754,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnord View Post
Wow, this entire thread is just weird. I guess it is a cultural thing. Is it creepy for a grandfather to want to see his grandchild being born? No, of course not! I suppose it's up to the modesty and desired privacy of the mother, and if she says no, then it's no. But creepy? I don't get it.
What Fnord said.

There's nothing inherently dirty, disgusting or sexual about giving birth, despite that juvenile comment on the first page about icky bajingos. (Good God.) They're just bodies. The baby is born naked ... is that gross, too?

I didn't ask my dad to be in the delivery room with me, but my dad has absolutely zero desire to acknowledge the fact that I have a vagina. That's fine.

My aunt, on the other hand, gave birth with my grandparents (her in-laws) in the room. She was naked on all fours while they tried to turn my cousin, yelling and swearing up a storm, in front of my very proper grandparents. Grandma was trying valiantly to cover my aunt, and Grandpa undoubtedly just wanted to disappear, but my uncle was out of the country and my aunt wanted them there so she wouldn't be alone, and my grandparents stood by her.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:50 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,354,056 times
I could NOT ever imagine my MIL yet alone father OR Father in law OR grandparents in the delivery room. The only one that was allowed was my husband. No one else.
I vote "ew"!!!!!!!!.....

Old 01-26-2009, 12:08 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,828,847 times
Again, different strokes for different folks.

Not every woman wants to share the moment with the world. Some prefer to have only their husbands there.

Other people come from close knit families where being part of the experience is something to really look forward to - a family event.

If you aren't one of the ones comfortable with the idea then you don't have to do it - but don't go around labeling other people as "creepy" just because their family dynamics and intimacy levels aren't those you've experienced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships