Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 01:36 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,315,423 times

Advertisements

K-Luv Wrote:

Quote:
Friendships come and go. Why some can last the test of time and others cannot is a mystery to me.
I couldn't agree more...

Waneroo wrote:

Quote:
I don't see it as a bad thing people drifting in and out of your life. It's a part of life's journey.
Again, very well said.

Cremebrulee wrote:

Quote:
Some friendships are temporary, as we grow, and sometimes that growth takes us in different directions...but, making a phone call now and then, could also be a very pleasant experience, and part of our growth. Learning to listen more?
I definitely agree..I also for the most part don't think when friends go separate ways it's intentional, but rather we are separated by the rituals and yes, craziness of life. I feel that one day if it's meant to be, those paths will intertwine again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 02:42 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,315,423 times
I also wanted to add that when I do run into friends I lost contact with especially from high school, it's like no time has passed when we do get together.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:32 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,015,733 times
I think the older you get the more you realize how short life is and how valueable each friendship is, just a short to the point theory.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:51 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,047,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkerclassof72 View Post
As for me, I gotta disagree with ya on this point Morph. I have a great group of friends who get together once a month. Anywhere from 6 to 12 show up; we've all known each other since Jr High (which for us was approx 40 years ago). We were all in the same neighborhood gang (as in group of friends, not a gang of thugs), and were all involved in the same church youth group. We have a blast talking about the past, the present and the future.

You disagree with me!

, just playing with you! The only thing I would have to say about your life and your friends is that you were born in a generation where friendships mattered and were valued more. As far as my paradigm, I believe we are moving in the direction much like Egypt where as each successor generation gets worse.

In my generation (x) it's totally different as friendships are pretty much on the back burner as everybody's is scrambling to find there niche in this constantly changing mosaic.

Anyhow, I was looking at some clips of Carl Lewis and I came across this vid where he touches a little bit on what we are talking about... Just start at 4:58 and it ends at 6:00

YouTube - Carl Lewis EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW - Part 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships