Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2010, 08:37 AM

748 posts, read 1,771,658 times

Advertisements

Holy cow, everything they told me is true. What a pain.
The tag office won't accept the documentation I got from the dealer.
They can't wrap their little teeny brains around the fact that Wisconsin doesn't issue odomoter statements, they print it on the bill of sale.

And they don't print "Paid in full" on the bill of sale, they issue a separate receipt.

I have all of those things and the tag office won't let me register my car!
My temporary tag expires tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 08:47 AM

18 posts, read 38,447 times
The registration office off of Highway 16 may be more lenient..... plus, there's usually no line for waiting.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:02 AM

2,947 posts, read 7,020,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobosCurse View Post
They can't wrap their little teeny brains around the fact that Wisconsin doesn't issue odomoter statements, they print it on the bill of sale.

And they don't print "Paid in full" on the bill of sale, they issue a separate receipt.

I assume this info is on DMV site, but curious.. I need to transfer an OH registered vehicle to NC. What type of odometer statement do they ask for?

Old 10-10-2010, 06:34 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,039,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobosCurse View Post

Welcome to NC. Where they don't understand/believe that other states have different laws.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:30 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,352,896 times
Don't even get me started with the DMV!! I was stopped Friday as a result of their incompetence. Now , by the looks of things , I have to turn my tag in because of a lapse in 2009 for which the fine was paid! Not to mention my current tag was issued in May of this year. Even the cop said it made no sense! They are in dire need of a complete revamping!! Idiots , all their after is money. They shouldn't have renewed my registration in the first place if that was listed. Anyone who deals with them gets my condolences.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:33 PM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Wow, we registered our out of state car today and we were in and out in less than 10 minute. Brought our NY title, proof of insurance, NC driver license and that was it - gave them a verbal on the odometer. Left $200 poorer and the proud owner of one NC license plate.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:57 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Wow, we registered our out of state car today and we were in and out in less than 10 minute. Brought our NY title, proof of insurance, NC driver license and that was it - gave them a verbal on the odometer. Left $200 poorer and the proud owner of one NC license plate.
We did the same about two months ago in the Aberdeen MV agency. If you bring all the ID and paperwork they ask for there should be no problem.
Two vehicles registered and in and out in 15 min.

Perhaps some people are using the wrong agency.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:52 PM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
I did 2 cars a trailer and a golf cart in no time. I'll take NC over Md anyday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina