Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 11:37 AM

983 posts, read 3,988,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I think we may have actually found the worst place in NC. Not a single person is defending it.
No, I've defended it and defended it and defended it on here. I'm neither a high school dropout, druggie, prostitute, or gang banger. I'm a product of the county schools, I'm a college graduate, I'm a stay-at-home mom with 2 kids who are in 2 of the best schools in the county (Cape Fear High School--voted one of the Best High Schools IN THE COUNTRY by US News & World Report--3 years in a row), I'm a substitute teacher in the county schools. I've lived briefly in Wake County, even went to college in Raleigh, and I CHOSE to come back here. Wouldn't WANT to live anywhere else!!!

There is PLENTY of things to do, if you bother to look for opportunities. There is more than enough to do with children--from the museums, rec. department, and school system. There's drama, music, art....It IS there!! There's A WHOLE LOT MORE to Fayetteville than a section of Bragg Blvd & Reilly Road. Downtown is now booming--lots of little boutique stores and restaurants. No, we don't have Raleigh Town Centre Mall, but I find we have what we need right here at Cross Creek. If they don't have what I need, there's always the internet....no driving in all that traffic in Raleigh/Durham! There are more than plenty of choices of restaurants. Most of the national chains are at the TOP of sales NATIONALLY in Fayetteville!! Our Cold Stone Creamery Store is at least #2 a couple of times a year, only behind Cold Stone's TIME SQUARE Store!! That's saying a lot!!

Yes, it's a military town---and thank God for them!! They're here defending your right to trash the town they live and work in!!

Old 11-26-2010, 07:23 PM

2 posts, read 15,499 times
It's not THAT bad. I grew up there and left when I was 17. Sure, it's not the most picturesque or safe town but I have definitely seen way worse. Since leaving I've lived in 7 other states and 2 other countries and trust me it gets worse than Fayetteville. I live in Hawaii now and rarely make it back there but when I do, I can't help but feel "at home." I think growing up there gave me thick skin and I can definitely take care of myself. That being said if I could avoid raising a family there I would.

Old 12-03-2010, 02:21 AM

133 posts, read 412,454 times
LOL @ some of these comments. For the folks that complain about Fayetteville, what are you doing to make it better? Are you active at the school board meetings, are you reporting crime or active in your community watch program? Are you participating to help some of the trouble youth in your community? If you answer no, then you have no room to complain about the city.

Fayetteville is a nice city, however, there is NO SUCH THING as a safe city regardless which city it is.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:04 AM

30 posts, read 61,089 times
there is nothing in Fayetteville except its prox to fort bragg which isnt always a good thing

i have driven through Fayettville and even went there for a concert a long time ago and I would never go back

There are many many town/cities that are similar because of where they are located.

Fayetteville is NOT coastal NC though

Old 12-04-2010, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozeberrypillboy View Post
there is nothing in Fayetteville except its prox to fort bragg which isnt always a good thing

i have driven through Fayettville and even went there for a concert a long time ago and I would never go back

There are many many town/cities that are similar because of where they are located.

Fayetteville is NOT coastal NC though
Eastern North Carolina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-04-2010, 10:15 AM

983 posts, read 3,988,601 times
It's even in the 4th grade Social Studies text book (NC History) that we're included in the Coastal Plain.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRoyal10900 View Post
It's even in the 4th grade Social Studies text book (NC History) that we're included in the Coastal Plain.
Exactly.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:46 PM

4,605 posts, read 6,429,984 times
How does Fayetteville have such a bad reputation, while military towns such as Fort Collins and Fort Belvoir are lauded as nice cities to live? What makes Fort Collins a great city that Fayetteville lacks?

Old 12-05-2010, 01:30 AM

Fayetteville is more urban than Fort Collins & Fort Belvoir.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:40 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,194,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
How does Fayetteville have such a bad reputation, while military towns such as Fort Collins and Fort Belvoir are lauded as nice cities to live? What makes Fort Collins a great city that Fayetteville lacks?
Fort Collins is a college town and Belvoir is in the DC metro area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina