Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 02:06 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,017,960 times

Advertisements

This was not a native vs. transplant thing, this was an educated, secular, or religious non-dogmatic (Against the Amendment) vs. an uneducated and religiously dogmatic (For the Amendment) vote. Many natives were against and many transplants (particularly black transplants and the more dogmatic Catholics) were for.

Old 05-26-2012, 07:10 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
I just have to laugh at some of your posts. You have so much hate. You throw the term bigot around like nobody's business, but yet continually call people derogatory names. Seriously your like a magazine rack. You have issues.
Sorry I voted against the ignorant hated that people learn in their book of bronze age superstitions and ignorance and rant about like loons from their pulpit in Maiden. I'm concerned that many ain't smart enough to recognize that the willful ignorance demonstrated by these idiots is the greatest threat to mankind's future.

Yep stupid people and the threat they pose to society are my issues. There is nothing wrong with throwing the term bigot around, for this state is full of them, dumb as a box of rocks, bible thumping stupid bigots. A1 is just the tip of the iceberg of proof.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:50 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,583,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Sorry I voted against the ignorant hated that people learn in their book of bronze age superstitions and ignorance and rant about like loons from their pulpit in Maiden. I'm concerned that many ain't smart enough to recognize that the willful ignorance demonstrated by these idiots is the greatest threat to mankind's future.

Yep stupid people and the threat they pose to society are my issues. There is nothing wrong with throwing the term bigot around, for this state is full of them, dumb as a box of rocks, bible thumping stupid bigots. A1 is just the tip of the iceberg of proof.
Well lets try this again. Yes you can throw the term bigot around, but understand that you yourself become one the monument you call a group of people a derogatory name, You have constantly done this in any thread on this topic.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:03 AM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
Well lets try this again. Yes you can throw the term bigot around, but understand that you yourself become one the monument you call a group of people a derogatory name, You have constantly done this in any thread on this topic.
I have called no one any names, but yet you thought that it was clever to hurl what you felt were insults at me, in another thread. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Here's how it breaks down. If you voted for the amendment, either your vote was based on bigoted notions or you failed to determine just what you planned to vote for, which could be argued to mean that you made an uninformed decision.

It took just about no effort to get plenty of information about the amendment, to make an informed decision. The governor warned that there were companies waiting for the result of the vote to make a final decision about coming in here & bringing jobs. She said that a yes vote would change their minds. That should have made you wonder what was really hidden in the amendment.

This gives you all of the information that is needed to make an informed decision. http://www.acluofnc.org/files/Final%...Report%202.pdf

Old 05-27-2012, 08:41 AM

3,304 posts, read 8,555,882 times
I'm conservative and I voted against this amendment since when do I have the right to tell people what they can do with their lives? Why should straight couples be allowed to benefit under tax laws and other rights in which gay couples are not allowed? If two people love each other why shoud I have the right to deny them the benefits that straight couples enjoy?

Stay out of peoples lives unless what those people do specifically bring harm to yours. Gay people being allowed marriage or union under law does not harm me in any way. This amendment is not about politics, but rather religion.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
The willful and deliberate discrimination against a group of people is a bigoted action. Those that support that discrimination are bigots. Sorry I can't change the meaning of the word bigot and an refuse to candy coat it.

If the shoe fits......

Or the person didn't have a clue what they were voting for or against, they are not bigots, they are just plain stupid.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:26 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,583,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
The willful and deliberate discrimination against a group of people is a bigoted action. Those that support that discrimination are bigots. Sorry I can't change the meaning of the word bigot and an refuse to candy coat it.

If the shoe fits......

Or the person didn't have a clue what they were voting for or against, they are not bigots, they are just plain stupid.
Great. Understand that same shoe fits you. You can't make fun of my God, and my religion, and not be a bigot as well. You say tons of hateful things, but its ok because those people don't subscribe to you point of views.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Great. Understand that same shoe fits you. You can't make fun of my God, and my religion, and not be a bigot as well. You say tons of hateful things, but its ok because those people don't subscribe to you point of views.
I'm not voting to close down your churches or ban you from believing in your religion, knock yourself out.

However I firmly believe you should also treat it like your wanker, and keep it private and force it on no one, which is exactly what you did when your voted for an amendment the serves no purpose other than to further your hate, based on nothing more than your willful ignorance learned from a book of bronze age ignorance and superstitions.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:38 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooresboro View Post
If they came up with something else that wasn't marriage that gave the gays the same rights as married couples then i wouldn't have such an opposition towards it.
Oh. My. God.

You just voted against any legal recognition whatsoever.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:41 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
This was not a native vs. transplant thing,

this was an educated, secular, or religious non-dogmatic (Against the Amendment) vs. an uneducated and religiously dogmatic (For the Amendment) vote.

Many natives were against and many transplants (particularly black transplants and the more dogmatic Catholics) were for.
You nailed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina