Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 07:12 AM

27,217 posts, read 43,923,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
There are not enough Jimmy John's Sandwich shops in NC. And the few that are here are only in the larger cities.

These are really good sandwiches, 10 times better than Subway - give that franchise some consideration for sure!

Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches
I agree regarding sub shops (Jimmy John's specifically), as well as frozen yogurt chains which have become very popular again. Check out Menchie's and Orange Leaf.

Ice Cream Franchise: Frozen Yogurt Franchise: www.menchiesfranchise.com
Franchising Opportunities | Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 12:51 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,044 times
We would really love to have a Brixx Pizza here in E. NC (Greenville area). They have one in a strip Mall in Raleigh and they do extremely well.

Good luck in your venture.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:07 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingNirvana View Post
Thank you so so much, all the comments are very helpful. which area in NC are good to open a franchise, I had 7 eleven in mind but dont know much abt it, any comments on that would be highly appreciated!! thanks
There aren't very many 7-11s in NC anymore (have you done any research on this state at all?) unless are just using that term to mean "convenience store" in general. And you should never buy any business you "don't know much abt [sic]". The economy is too tight right now to move to a state you don't know and purchase a business you have no experience in. I would suggest maybe working at a franchise near where you live now and starting the process of learning about it while scouting out something for sale?

Old 08-12-2012, 08:17 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,441,085 times
I believe 7-11 would do well in the Charlotte and Raleigh metros because of all the northern transplants and they have the population to support them.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:20 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
Actually 7-11 has been popping back in Charlotte region all year. Some are in the Old Sam's Mart locations
There is over two dozen in Charlotte now and some in the suburbs.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:37 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
I believe 7-11 would do well in the Charlotte and Raleigh metros because of all the northern transplants and they have the population to support them.
7-11 used to have stores in Raleigh and Charlotte until they nearly went bankrupt and got bought out by the Japanese in the late 80s. For whatever reason the stores on the outer banks didn't get sold off, which left them as the only ones in NC up until very recently.

Old 08-20-2012, 03:14 PM

82 posts, read 176,239 times
Other than in the Charlotte area, there are no Jack in the Box restaurants in the middle or eastern part of NC. It would be awesome if JITB would expand throughout the state, but that might have more to do with HQ controlling which markets they enter - versus a lack of willing franchisees.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:21 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
There used to be 7-11s all over Raleigh--long gone.

OP, wouldn't it make sense to buy a franchise of something you had some interest in running? I mean, if you hate the product being delivered, you're not going to do as well with the business. What kinds of things would you LIKE to be in the business of?

Old 08-21-2012, 01:30 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,787,376 times
I don't know what part of NC you are in but a good idea is to bring something in from across the country. I was in the area last week and drove an hour out of my way to go to a Popeyes in Greensboro. Food wise, other popular regional favorites would be a Del Taco or El Pollo Loco. A sure bet would be near a military installation where people from other regions would love to support your business. They would also have the means to do it. I don't know why you'd want to open up another convenience store unless you are in a very isolated area.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:26 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,348,627 times
Charlotte could really use a Major League Baseball franchise, but I'd be happy with White Castle instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Actually 7-11 has been popping back in Charlotte region all year. Some are in the Old Sam's Mart locations
There is over two dozen in Charlotte now and some in the suburbs.
Actually, all of them are old Sam's Mart locations. I do believe that there are nearly 55 of the old Sam's Marts that are now being converted into 7-11s in the Charlotte metro. There is a rumor that 7-11 is looking to buy 38 more stores near the Triad, but I have not been able to confirm that rumor. IMO, the OP should leave 7-11 alone because there are plans to expand the chain here in NC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogTiger View Post
Other than in the Charlotte area, there are no Jack in the Box restaurants in the middle or eastern part of NC. It would be awesome if JITB would expand throughout the state, but that might have more to do with HQ controlling which markets they enter - versus a lack of willing franchisees.
I had no idea this was the case until I read your post. WOW, I agree, Jack in the Box should expand into other NC markets. According to JITB's website, they have a total of 14 NC locations; 11 are in Charlotte, 2 are in Concord, and 1 is in Conover.

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 08-21-2012 at 02:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina