Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 07:25 PM

5 posts, read 11,055 times

Advertisements

Hey all! looking forward to becoming a new resident of Fayetteville, NC. Myself, my daughter, & fiance are looking to refresh life, in a more peaceful environment, & slow paced area. Currently the east coast is not where we want to raise our daughter, or continue to live our life anymore.

I was looking for some key information and it would be a blessing if i could receive some answers.

Bad areas? Good Areas?
Applying for HUD? low income housing? (What websites, or phone numbers).
schooling? job market? career market? (best areas)
pay rates? just some general information.

Would appreciate the help!!!

any specific ares on renting cheap homes, or apts.

Thanks again, God Bless

Brian T.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 07:34 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,338,660 times
How did you pick Fayetteville? Sounds like you don't have a job lined up yet. Fayetteville is, of course, adjacent to Fort Bragg, one of the largest military bases in the country. The town has a lot of ties to the military, but there are certainly people there who aren't associated w/ Ft Bragg.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:03 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,395,326 times
FayEtteville from NJ is a huge change, I would imagine.

Why Fayetteville?

Old 05-31-2013, 08:05 PM

Default Re

My fiance is working, & i am on unemployment laid off from Marriott. But i found Fayetteville, NC doing research. Came across a few strangers from the area, & spoke to some friends. Im really looking for more answers here lol

Old 05-31-2013, 08:07 PM

Im hearing the hospitality is so great and the homes are affordable compared to out here where its so expensive to live, especially when u don't have no help from family and do everything by your self for your new family lol

Old 05-31-2013, 08:28 PM

23 posts, read 47,979 times
We are moving here as well(July) as I accepted a position as an RN at one of the hospitals. From my research and talking to others, we have chosen to rent a house in Hope Mills. I dontknowabout HUDand all that but is assume you could find that on the NC state website.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:36 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,244,782 times
Honestly Fayetteville is one of the least desirable and least liked cities among NC'ers. If you and your family have your heart set on the place fine but do visit and get a good feeling for the area before deciding to move there.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:39 PM

23 posts, read 47,979 times
I agree, go check the area out. It's a rather dirty looking city to me and is goi g to be a big change for my family since we are coming from a quaint little town of 35,000 in Louisiana. There are so many other nicer areas to consider. We did find some nice things in fayetteville, including old down town, plenty of culture, way more variety in restaurants than we have, etc.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:45 PM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Honestly Fayetteville is one of the least desirable and least liked cities among NC'ers. If you and your family have your heart set on the place fine but do visit and get a good feeling for the area before deciding to move there.

good source of information so far and i thank u guys so very much... @cane are there any cities u may consider??

Old 05-31-2013, 08:47 PM

13,373 posts, read 27,044,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tage215 View Post
Applying for HUD? low income housing? (What websites, or phone numbers).
Fayetteville has both a city government and is part of Cumberland County. Here's a few web sites to start with:

Apply for Housing - Fayetteville Housing Authority

HOME Contacts: North Carolina - Affordable Housing - CPD - HUD

This one sponsors job fairs:
Cumberland County Department of Social Services
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina