Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 09:58 AM

58 posts, read 190,176 times

Advertisements

Theres close to 90,000 Puerto Ricans in the state of North Carolina. In Charlotte and Raleigh, what neighborhoods are they mostly at? And other than those 2 cities, where else can you find them at significant. Are they a very noticeable group? And does anybody know any Puerto Rican restaurants or bodegas in the state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 11:53 AM

13,373 posts, read 27,044,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllStarSun View Post
Are they a very noticeable group?
I have never thought of them as a noticeable group. I am sure many are in the Marines at Camp Lejeune or in the Army at Fort Bragg.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:23 PM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Many more Cuban restaurants than Puerto Rican, but this should get you started:

Puerto rican food Durham, NC (covers Raleigh, Chapel Hill and Durham)

Puerto rican food Durham, NC

Old 07-31-2013, 10:00 AM

1 posts, read 10,706 times
I am Rican moved to Charlotte 4 months ago from NJ. First, bodegas don't exist here everything you buy at a bodega you'll find at the gas station. I found a few Ricans went to a Sasla festival and there were Ricans there. They do have a compare foods here where you can find all spanish food. There's one restaurant that I found so far but it's Dominican which to me is close enough when you don't have a PR restaurant it's called Punta Cana good food there. Ricans are not really noticeable here unless you go to an event or you see somebody with the little bandera hanging off the car mirror. There are Ricans, Dominicans and Cubans here but not in one neighborhood and I would say central americans are by far the dominant hispanic population here.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:13 PM

1,907 posts, read 3,229,909 times
In general Puerto Ricans as well as Columbians, Venezuelans, Dominicans etc. seem to be kind of dispersed all over really not concentrated in certain neighborhoods. I have friends that a some of all these different nationalities and although there are certain areas at least of Raleigh/Cary and I suspect Charlotte as well where hispanic or international food stores are more concentrated. But these stores/establishments service the hispanic culture at large not really just puerto ricans etc. etc.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:56 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,985,615 times
Fayetteville does have a large Puerto Rican population but they don't self segregate into neighborhoods. There have been a couple of resturants but they have not stayed in business long. They do come out to show some community spirit at our International Festival every year with food booths, parade, dance groups.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:23 PM

33 posts, read 186,928 times
Yea PRs are the 2nd largest hispanic group in NC, its just central americans look more like mexicans, so people tend to think they have the "hispanic" look.. while PRs usually look either white, black, or mixed, nothing like mexicans, Which people tend to equate to hispanic.
PRs are scattered throughout NC's major metro areas,Charlotte, Raleigh/Durham, Greensboro, and Fayetteville. Though I dont know the exact areas of these metro areas they are more concentrated in.

Old 10-26-2014, 06:09 PM

1 posts, read 8,724 times
Hello Everyone ! I am also looking into moving to NC from Fl, the weather and humidity here is affecting my health to much so I was told a little about NC and the weather there. I want to know about Christian Churches in Charlotte or Raleigh. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:22 PM

1 posts, read 7,449 times
Default New puerto rican festival in charlotte

There is a new puerto rican restaurant in charlotte. 3133 east independence boulevard, charlotte.

Old 07-03-2015, 09:23 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
There is a noticeable Puerto Rican population in Gastonia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina