Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2007, 12:48 PM

485 posts, read 561,380 times

Advertisements

It occurred to me that there might be sites somewhere that match up people and their needs. It would be a long shot, but what if someone in NC wanted to move to Arizona and would trade houses with us? If the home values are close, that might work well.

It would be the same, of course, if someone wanted to go to Florida from NC or if someone got transferred to Oregon or even new York City.

Anyone know of anything like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 04:22 PM

94 posts, read 227,401 times
I have wondered about that too. Does seem like a long shot. Maybe it has been done.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:14 PM

758 posts, read 2,287,839 times
Home-swapping is popular all over the world for vacations, and I suppose a "vacation" might last a very long time. Some of these links may include more permanent arrangements as well. Roll up your sleeves, Father John, and good luck!

HomeExchange.com

Latitudes Home Exchange Latitudes Home Exchange

HomeLink - home exchange house swap

Intervac Home Exchange House Exchange Home Swap House Swap

ExchangeHomes.Com, A worldwide leader for home exchanges and home swaps since 1986. HOME EXCHANGE

and there are MORE!—google “home swap” and "home exchange."

Old 11-11-2007, 07:20 PM

485 posts, read 561,380 times
Oh my!! That is great! I'm glad you are insomniac, Jan, because you must have stayed up all night researching those!

I tried to give you another positive rating for this post but I guess I haven't spread enough love around yet...

Old 11-12-2007, 10:02 PM

758 posts, read 2,287,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father John View Post
Oh my!! That is great! I'm glad you are insomniac, Jan, because you must have stayed up all night researching those!

I tried to give you another positive rating for this post but I guess I haven't spread enough love around yet...
LOL! If a man of the cloth with a lifetime of service hasn't "spread enough love around yet"... well... the rest of us may as well just go fall on our swords!

(Thanks for trying, Father John.)

Old 05-30-2008, 08:25 PM

3 posts, read 22,783 times
Smile Home Exchange In Florida and NC

You can try Home Exchange | Home Exchange Vacations | Swap Home Exchange Easy Home Exchange
We joined recently and really like the site and have found several homes we are working out exchanges for in the future. We joined for free. I think the site is still for free.

Good Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father John View Post
It occurred to me that there might be sites somewhere that match up people and their needs. It would be a long shot, but what if someone in NC wanted to move to Arizona and would trade houses with us? If the home values are close, that might work well.

It would be the same, of course, if someone wanted to go to Florida from NC or if someone got transferred to Oregon or even new York City.

Anyone know of anything like this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina