Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think that Pat McCrory is going to be a 1 or 2 term governor?
1 Term 69 65.71%
2 Terms 22 20.95%
I don't know, could go either way 14 13.33%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 06:01 PM

352 posts, read 551,200 times

Advertisements

Do you think that Pat McCrory is going to be a 1 or 2 term governor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 06:40 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,200,140 times
one and done Pat the Frat Boy. He won't get my vote again. He was a moderate mayor. He and his ilk better make hay now, because we're turning this **** around.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:24 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,974,687 times
If he continues on this path, he and his Republican buddies are going to have their heads handed to them on a platter, there will be a backlash and they will feel the publics' wrath!

Old 08-22-2013, 07:27 PM

1,155 posts, read 2,238,286 times
I voted a one termer. He's absolutely terrible in selling his policies. He doesn't seem to actually understand or believe in them. He's an empty suit and he's pissing off a lot of groups who I think will be happy to put him out of office.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:13 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,541,472 times
It to early to guess with 2-3 years to go. Also not knowing who his challengers will be. I seen one site say AG Roy Copper could run but Im sure republicans they will make every effort to paint him as ineffective due to him not wanting to defend some of these possible constitutional new laws.
Also one site mention Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx, that would be interesting match up worth buying popcorn over. Two ex Charlotte mayors duking it out and both are excellent speaking politicians .
Mr Foxx would also energize his base.

Like I mention before Governor McCrory is good speaker politician, he knows how to twist the outcome so he walks with less blood on his hands. He claimed he didnt read the voter ID bill so all the negative add on to the bill he can wash his hands of particularly the campaign contributions. That itself is a big plus for him. Also asking legislators to come back and over ride his vetoes will wash hands on that too.

IMO all that happen this past year was to energize the republican base and secure their spots and make it very difficult to vote the legislators out including judges.

IMO he will milk cutting the state budget and amount of jobs fracking will bring in 2015 with embellish numbers to help his next campaign.

He is a very sly politician and following his career is why I came up with this opinion.
I would love to see a strong democrat or libertarian challenge him.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 08-22-2013 at 09:30 PM..

Old 08-22-2013, 10:23 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,207,699 times
He has angered a lot of people buy taking away the pay for our most highly trained teachers at the same time our state is rated the lowest on student achievement in many years...I bet all of the teachers that are working on getting a masters degree who leave because a masters degree is now useless in NC might hurt the schools even more...What a great move Mr Govner

Old 08-23-2013, 12:00 AM

7,077 posts, read 12,354,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Also one site mention Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx, that would be interesting match up worth buying popcorn over. Two ex Charlotte mayors duking it out and both are excellent speaking politicians .
Mr Foxx would also energize his base.
I was thinking the same thing. Foxx vs McCrory could happen. Transportation Secretaries are usually on the job for 3 years or so. Also, Foxx is probably the top Democrat in this state right now (he is certainly the most respected/known Dem in Washington from NC). Foxx is also a NC native (something that McCrory is not). I hate to throw race and social status in the mix here, but Foxx (a young black West Charlotte product who was raised by a single mother and his grandparents) would certainly win over the large minority populations of rural Eastern NC and the urban blacks too. The best part about Foxx is that he's in a relatively non-political job right now. McCrory's popularity could go up or down between now and 2016; Foxx's job won't have the same effect on his popularity.

The only thing we haven't considered is the possibility of a RNC convention in Charlotte for 2016. McCrory might try to push for such a scenario, and Charlotte's handling of the DNC certainly got the Republican's attention. IMO, it is too early to call this one, but a few more GOP goof-ups could be the end of Pope-McCrory. The current GA probably has a slimmer chance of staying around than McCrory though.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:10 AM

4,692 posts, read 9,310,369 times
I would love to see Foxx run for governor. I wonder how NC would feel knowing their next governor is a Charlotte product. I love it!

Old 08-23-2013, 12:13 AM

4 posts, read 6,450 times
I've just registered to say this: McCrory will be toast come 2016.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:02 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,299,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Also, Foxx is probably the top Democrat in this state right now (he is certainly the most respected/known Dem in Washington from NC).
I have no problem with Anthony Foxx as mayor of Charlotte, but as of right now Roy Cooper would get my vote. He's one of the very few rational people left in the state executive branch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina