Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2006, 07:36 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,753,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
Then you should take your opinions elsewhere. I think those people that have been on this board long enough, realize that your main ambition is to stir up trouble. If you have such a well (not good) paying job, then maybe you should concentrate on that instead.
Hey stmaarten,
I just wanted to say that I got your point. I don't think you were trying to be a cheerleader for NC, just perplexed at how someone who has never been here and has no intention of being here, can be so negative and opinionated. It doesn't make sense to me either. I can't imagine randomly picking a state to make comments about-but hey, to each his own!

I'm quite sure if you were on the Jersey boards and someone was defending your home state, you'd welcome it-whether or not they'd ever been there!

I have such a hard time understanding disgruntled natives or transplants. The county I come from in NJ, has just about been taken over by NYers. One town in particular was also on some top 10 list. Even though we didn't like to see all the changes, I don't think I'd ever be motivated to get on some forum for the sole purpose of "warning" people that NJ ain't all it's cracked up to be. Maybe it's irritating because aside from a handful of posts, no one ever seems genuine about their motives. The so-called advice always comes with the tone of "here's another idiot thinking they're going to find paradise".

I don't know, maybe it's just me.

People do obviously have the right to post whatever they like, stmaarten, so just join the rest of us and ignore!

Old 11-15-2006, 09:10 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,846,254 times
I think people want to know what Check's reason is for posting on this forum, rather than question his right to do so. Most posters live here in NC, are former residents, or are considering a move to or from NC.
Check claims to be a lifelong NY resident with no intention of moving so the question becomes, why is he posting?
If I had to guess, it would be because he is defending NY, on this, the most active part of the site.
Am I correct, Check?

Old 11-15-2006, 09:28 AM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post
I think people want to know what Check's reason is for posting on this forum, rather than question his right to do so. Most posters live here in NC, are former residents, or are considering a move to or from NC.
Check claims to be a lifelong NY resident with no intention of moving so the question becomes, why is he posting?
If I had to guess, it would be because he is defending NY, on this, the most active part of the site.
Am I correct, Check?
I think you are correct and so is NCMom. Nothing I have read of his was informative or helpful. And as far as amusing, that's not my kind of humor to be rude. Which explains why his reputation was so bad for a while.

Old 11-15-2006, 09:35 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Check123 View Post
Sorry. I didn't know there were restrictions.
Amusing comments would be a welcome change

Look, people come here looking for useful information. When you have none to offer why bother coming here at all?

Old 11-15-2006, 10:32 AM

LOL, so I guess at least the 4 of us can use our ignore option!

Actually, I'm usually too curious for that.

Old 11-15-2006, 11:07 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,846,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMom View Post
...Actually, I'm usually too curious for that.
Oh me too!

I have to admit I think he is really funny- typically dry NY wit

I enjoy his posts even when I disagree with him!

Old 11-15-2006, 11:08 AM

7 posts, read 32,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soma5 View Post
I would like some of you North Carolinians to please tell me the reason(s) so many people are moving to your state. Has the unprecedented population growth affected the quality of life? Is it becoming another Florida?
I grew up here (Charlotte,NC) and I moved away for one year and came running back with my tail between my legs! The cost of living here is much better, more jobs, things to do... The list goes on and on!

Tracy

Old 11-15-2006, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post
Oh me too!

I have to admit I think he is really funny- typically dry NY wit

I enjoy his posts even when I disagree with him!
I find myself wincing and smiling at the same time.

Old 11-15-2006, 09:08 PM

5 posts, read 12,079 times
Okay, another transplant question...
Can anyone tell me about Wilmington?? Or the closet metro area??
I have heard nor seen of any posts regarding these areas...
Why/Why not??
Thanks!

Old 11-15-2006, 09:14 PM

463 posts, read 1,650,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoGirl22 View Post
Okay, another transplant question...
Can anyone tell me about Wilmington?? Or the closet metro area??
I have heard nor seen of any posts regarding these areas...
Why/Why not??
Thanks!

Perhaps because you haven't used the forum search feature in the upper right when you log onto this forum? There are many past posts/threads about Wilmington.

Regards,

Cassie

Last edited by Cassie; 11-15-2006 at 09:15 PM.. Reason: spaces
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina