Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2008, 06:38 PM

1,178 posts, read 3,836,819 times

Advertisements

Where are their so many threads and posts within the North Carolina section, moreso than most states that have higher populations?

Why even on other websites does it seem that there is always a flood of people posting on North Carolina?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 08:50 AM

3,743 posts, read 13,708,858 times
We're highly educated and technically adept in the Carolinas - we know how to use computers!

Old 07-30-2008, 10:03 AM

4,607 posts, read 6,435,061 times
Because NC is one of the fastest growing states and most desired locations to live or move to.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:23 AM

1,178 posts, read 3,836,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Because NC is one of the fastest growing states and most desired locations to live or move to.
Yes, but my home state of Georgia has been growing faster, and look at the number of threads and posts in our forum as opposed to the North Carolina forum.

Old 08-02-2008, 10:54 AM

122 posts, read 482,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast View Post
Yes, but my home state of Georgia has been growing faster, and look at the number of threads and posts in our forum as opposed to the North Carolina forum.
I like to think that it is because we Tarheels are more outgoing and "chatty" with strangers than people in other areas. Most of us feel very fortunate to live in N.C. and we don't mind bragging about it or helping out someone who has questions. I also think that the NC Division of Tourism spends a great deal more time and money on promoting our state to others (in newspapers, etc.) and that results in more queries on this site. Just my opinion....I could be completely wrong.

Old 08-02-2008, 05:42 PM

33 posts, read 106,368 times
I moved out west back in the 70's (briefly). When driving back all parts of the country were beautiful in their own way. But...when I hit the mountains of NC and drove across our state, there was a lush, green beauty that not many could compare.

Yes, the people are very friendly here. I used to hear it all of the time from tourists when I owned my restaurant downtown New Bern. They commented how people were so friendly and helpful. One told me they were on the trolley and were listening to the guide. They came on an historic neighborhood where a homeowner was mowing his grass. When he saw the trolley stop in front of his house, he cut off his mower and waited for the guide to finish his speech. The tourist said they didn't know many people that would have done that. It wasn't much, but it goes a long way in inviting people to this area.

Some may say it is "God's Country", but I'll have to admit I'm Carolina Blue all the way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina