Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2006, 11:57 AM

2 posts, read 3,816 times

Advertisements

We're thinking of relocating to NC in the Spring of 07 but don't know where to begin looking. We would like to find good schools with special ed classes as well as preschools. A nice quiet family oriented neighborhood would be a major plus. Can anyone help?!?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2006, 12:35 PM

10 posts, read 35,694 times
Default Clayton, NC

We live in Clayton. Great community. Less than 1/2 hour to Raleigh. We moved here two months ago. We rented an apartment first to get a feel for the area. We love it so much we are going to stay. My son goes to Kids R Kids. Very clean peanut free. Public schools are great, not sure about special needs. You should look up Johnston County Schools.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:36 PM

2 posts, read 3,816 times
Thanks, how far is the Johnston County from Clayton??

Old 10-26-2006, 03:01 PM

10 posts, read 35,694 times
Clayton is in Johnston County.

Old 12-07-2006, 03:54 PM

20 posts, read 52,887 times
Default I plan to move to NC in June

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl1234 View Post
We're thinking of relocating to NC in the Spring of 07 but don't know where to begin looking. We would like to find good schools with special ed classes as well as preschools. A nice quiet family oriented neighborhood would be a major plus. Can anyone help?!?!?
I do not know if I can help, but I also need some info as well. I have a 10year old, and I've been researching the North Carolina Gov Website. They give stats on the schools and the different counties.

Old 12-07-2006, 05:49 PM

653 posts, read 2,987,360 times
For Wake county schools, go to www.wcpss.net, and for Johnston County, go to www.johnston.k12.nc.us. To compare test scores for nc schools, go to www.ncreportcards.org.

When we first relocated here, I taught in Wake county as a regular ed middle school teacher, and I was impressed with the resources the special ed teachers provided us for our kids with IEPs. At my school (can't speak for others) they were not overloaded, and able to provide support as needed.

Clayton is a great town - I would also recommend looking at Wake Forest and Holly Springs if you want a small town close to the amenities of the city. My kids are in elementary school and preschool in Wake Forest, and we couldn't be happier. Of course, Raleigh has some great family neighborhoods, too, so depending upon where you'll be working, you may want to look in Raleigh, too. Feel free to pm me with specifics, and good luck as you plan your move!

Old 12-07-2006, 07:43 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,059,883 times
I lived in Greensboro for 12 years and loved it. It's a great area, however, schools in NC, generally are not that great. They consistently rank low every year, so keep that in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina