Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 07:43 AM

7 posts, read 84,749 times

Advertisements

hi again,
we have decided to make the move to the raleigh area. My husband will work in Goldsboro. Clearly he will need to drive 45 min-1 hr from raleigh. I have been studying maps... does 42 connect to 70? Is there a short-cut to goldsboro fom points south, such as Holly Springs, Furquay-varina.? We are hoping for a newer neighborhood, great schools and a drive under 1 hr. Where should we look?
Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2006, 04:59 PM

787 posts, read 3,582,709 times
I don't know exactly what part of Raleigh you are getting on but I would stay on 40 E out of Raleigh and then make the turn to 70 E. That should take you right into Raleigh. Then merely take the Seymour Johnson/Kinston exit and again take the Seymour Johnson/Snow Hill exit and turn right at the bottom of the hill. That will take you right into Seymour Johnson and Goldsboro downtown. It will take about and hour maybe and hour and ten minutes depending on how heavy the traffic is.

I am confused as to why you need to get to Fuquay Varina from Raleigh or 42 either for that matter. Are you coming from Raleigh or one of the other towns you mentioned? But 42 goes to Wilson from Fuquay into Clayton. If you branch off of 70 E at Clayton onto 42, you are going to end up in Wilson and a lot out of your way. Look at the counties Wilson, Wake, Wayne, and Johnston on your map and perhaps you will be able to see what I am saying.

Last edited by Bethanytedder; 04-17-2006 at 05:02 PM..

Old 04-19-2006, 01:33 PM

787 posts, read 3,582,709 times
I don't know exactly what part of Raleigh you are getting on but I would stay on 40 E out of Raleigh and then make the turn to 70 E. That should take you right into Raleigh. oops

Oops. I meant to say that this route would take you right into Goldsboro if you are traveling east from Raleigh.

Old 04-19-2006, 06:18 PM

4 posts, read 14,027 times
You might want to consider the Clayton area to make the drive to Goldsboro a little easier and quicker.

Old 04-20-2006, 06:06 PM

1 posts, read 3,615 times
If you are looking for a shortcut to avoid traffic coming to Goldsboro from Southern Raleigh/Wake County area. I would maybe think about taking 55 East towards Dunn from the Cary area and then in Newton Grove jump on 13N. That will take you straight to Goldsboro. Another route is to take 264E from Zebulon to 39S towards 231 S and hook up with 222 E. For more info , visit http://www.goldsboro.com

Old 04-27-2006, 06:41 AM

7 posts, read 84,749 times
Default thanks...

Thanks for the replies. I am trying to figure out exactly where we can live in the raleigh area to give my husband less than an hour commute, yet get my kids in great high school and middle school. UGH! I am so tired of trying to figure this all out!

Old 05-05-2006, 09:58 PM

212 posts, read 1,063,459 times
Take 264E to Wilson and then the new 117S to Goldsboro. The last ramp onto 264 has yet to be completed, but it is due anytime and until then 117S bypass to Goldsboro can be accessed just south of Wilson on old hwy 117.

Of course this depends on where in Raleigh you will reside...on the east side it would be the ticket.

have you considered Zebulon? East of Raleigh but not so far and an easy commute into town.

Old 01-20-2007, 09:05 AM

27 posts, read 89,349 times
Default moving to newton grove nc

how do you like this town

Old 01-20-2007, 12:07 PM

110 posts, read 455,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastmove4me View Post
Thanks for the replies. I am trying to figure out exactly where we can live in the raleigh area to give my husband less than an hour commute, yet get my kids in great high school and middle school. UGH! I am so tired of trying to figure this all out!
You might want to check out the schools in North Wayne County. We looked at NC School Report cards and were impressed with Charles B Aycock HS and East Wayne HS, both north of Goldsboro. We just got back from a house hunting trip out there. I had originally planned to look in Clayton, but that would have been an hour commute to work (I'll be working east of Goldsboro). I was actually very impressed with what I saw in Goldsboro. There are a lot of very nice subdivisions north of town, and you'll get a lot more house for your money there than in Raleigh. I haven't lived there before so don't have experience with the schools, so take my advice with a grain of salt, just my 2 cents!

Old 01-20-2007, 04:35 PM

212 posts, read 1,063,459 times
the hookup from 264 to 117 S. in Wilson is complete. If you run 64E, to 264E to Wilson/Greenville, and exit on 117S to Goldsboro, you can run 70mph nonstop from the Raleigh beltline to Goldsboro, about 65 miles, in about an hour or an hour 10. Most folks will do 75-80 mph and make it in less. This would be from the East side of Raleigh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina