Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2006, 02:07 PM

5 posts, read 15,357 times

Advertisements

I am presently living in northern New Jersey and never thought i would be forced to leave, but we just can't keep up anymore. I am a self employed general contractor wishing to relocate to NC. I have only been doing research on the internet and am thinking of spending a long weekend in the Greenville/Rocky Mount area to check out housing ($approx. $150,000.00) and also the prospects of employment or relocating my small business. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2006, 09:08 AM

110 posts, read 168,265 times
I think you are heading in the right direction!!! the home I am in near Orlando values at 400 K. The same home in the Raleigh area would be 190K brand new (even with the pool!). I saw many small contractors when I visited up there a couple of weeks ago. I only went as far east as Lake Royale (east of Bunn). there were alot of small contractors there! Good luck!

Old 04-24-2006, 06:02 PM

61 posts, read 240,753 times
I relocated with my job to the Greensboro area from NJ last year. There is lots of building going on here, perfect for a contractor looking for work. Good luck.

Old 04-24-2006, 07:26 PM
JAS

582 posts, read 2,041,562 times
Default Contractor

There is construction going on almost everywhere in NC. You shouldn't have trouble finding some work.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:01 AM

5 posts, read 10,785 times
Default I LEFT NY 15 years ago

I live at the golf course at Lake Royale. This area is about to explode. There are several contractors at Lake Royale but to find a contractor to do small projects or repairs you can forget it. The Lake is built up. The Golf Course is a gem about to sparkle.

My house is for sale since I work downtown Raleigh and my husband's health is not good. I want him to be closer in case he needs me. It's going for $135,000 and has 1 plus acres of property. The values here are incredible compared to the north.

I think there is room for a good contractor but you will find the southern work force is very slow and workers don't tend to keep the same pace they do in the north.

If you need a nice little house with hard wood floors and lots of quiet you know where to find one.

Barbara Pioreck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina