Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2016, 07:31 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,007,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthnry View Post
But why aren't we hearing from any actual concerned women? I have a lot of teenage girls in my life, and they just roll their eyes.
I don't think a lot of people, male and female, understand the full implications of what Charlotte and the DOJ are mandating. The media has done a great job of painting it as a legitimate-transgender, bathroom-only issue and very few people know the loopholes or the broader aspects.

Last edited by vulfpeck; 05-23-2016 at 07:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 08:47 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,227,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulfpeck View Post
I don't think a lot of people, male and female, understand the full implications of what Charlotte and the DOJ are mandating. The media has done a great job of painting it as a legitimate-transgender, bathroom-only issue and very few people know the loopholes or the broader aspects.
I'm more outraged that the state is preventing municipalities from setting a higher minimum wage. That's just wrong.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:01 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,406,923 times
government shouldn't be allowed to set wages in private industry anyway, in a free country, given the government doesn't pay the wages.

i think a lot of women and girls that are ok with it now will have a different reaction when they see a man in the restroom or boy in the lockerroom for the first time. Imagine Bruce Jenner in the female restroom. Wow.

I would have named the bathroom bill the Bruce Jenner bill.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthnry View Post
I'm more outraged that the state is preventing municipalities from setting a higher minimum wage. That's just wrong.
Many states already have the same policy preventing municipalities from setting wages, such as New York.

Currently, only 32 cities or counties (out of 22,000) in the entire country set their own wages separate from their state. Almost all of them are in California.

If it's "just wrong", then most of the country is "just wrong."

Last edited by vulfpeck; 05-23-2016 at 09:19 PM..

Old 05-23-2016, 09:17 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times
Quote:
Many states already have the same policy, such as New York.

Currently, only 32 cities or counties in the entire country set their own wages separate from their state. Almost all of them are in California.

If it's "just wrong", then most of the country is "just wrong."
Whenever changes in society happen, they tend to occur in California or NY first, and filter down to the rest of the country, with the South "bringing up the rear", as usual!

Old 05-23-2016, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Whenever changes in society happen, they tend to occur in California or NY first and filter down to the rest of the country, with the South "bringing up the rear", as usual!
New York bans cities from setting their own minimum wage. I guess HB2 caught us up, right?

Old 05-23-2016, 09:32 PM

Quote:
New York bans cities from setting their own minimum wage. I guess HB2 caught us up, right?
What's the minimum wage in NY as compared to NC? I guess if the state does its job, the major cities don't have to!

Old 05-23-2016, 09:50 PM

We're getting a bit off topic.

The central question to this thread is should a government play a legislative role in acclimating little girls to male genitalia. My vote is no.

Old 05-23-2016, 10:47 PM

Quote:
We're getting a bit off topic.

The central question to this thread is should a government play a legislative role in acclimating little girls to male genitalia. My vote is no.
My feeling is that little girls should know a d*ck when they see one! The big girls sure do!

Old 05-24-2016, 04:04 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,280,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
My feeling is that little girls should know a d*ck when they see one! The big girls sure do!
Lol....I have pre-teen daughters and not concerned a bit.

The government shouldn't set speed limits, inspect or set food cleanliness standards or regulate how much coal ash is allowable in rivers, etc. People (GOP especially) usually cherry pick when and where they want government intervention....it don't work that way.

These people are history revisionist. Many/most government regulations (departments) are bourne out of private industry abuse (lack of oversight) as in labor working conditions, fair pay wages, etc. It's nice to believe mankind will do-the-right-thing or exhibit fairness but the Bible tells us different; the first family had a murderer (Cain) and it went down hill from there.

No government or liberal is advocating or designing policies to allow little Jane to see a ding-dong in a bathroom, shower, etc. The government bears the responsibility to advocate fairness and equality as part of it's primary tenets. As with the civil rights movement of the 50/60s, it was labeled federal government overreach to order desegregation and initiated a similar fear and reaction of implausible scenarios.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina