Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2016, 02:47 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,404,153 times

Advertisements

i haven't missed the point, I specifically talked about it in my previous post, and other posts.

i'm saying there can't be a need for transgendered rights if nobody can change their gender b/c it isn't possible. It isn't about what you believe, you are born 'that way', either male or female.

treating all males the same isn't bigotry, unless the premise is all males should be allowed to go into female locker rooms and bathrooms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2016, 02:52 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,197,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulfpeck View Post
Lots of guys like seeing naked women, especially in person. It's not crazy to save money on strip clubs in a legal manner. The term you're looking for is "thrifty." The trick is for them not to know you're in the locker room with them, then just use the new discrimination law to CYA if you're caught.
No, as the father to girls the word I use is "chauvinistic", or "perverted".

Isn't it ironic that the anti-trans crowd seems most intent on "protecting women and children" from people EXACTLY LIKE THEMSELVES! The biggest threat to women are pig-headed men, the "boys will be boys" crowd, the "I'll kick his ass!" crowd.

How much DO you value safety of women? You're willing to exploit a (perceived) loophole to save a few dollars over A STRIP CLUB?!? No offense intended, but you don't sound like someone who has the safety of women and children at heart...

Old 05-24-2016, 02:53 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,007,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
treating all males the same isn't bigotry, unless the premise is all males should be allowed to go into female locker rooms and bathrooms.
I agree, even though I do have sympathy for transgender people. A lot of them became that way due to childhood trauma. That doesn't mean it's a good idea to normalize or promote it, just as you wouldn't want to do with other dissociative identity disorders.

Old 05-24-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
No, as the father to girls the word I use is "chauvinistic", or "perverted"
You do know that most cross-dressers and transvestites are straight, right? You're cool with them changing with your daughters?

Old 05-24-2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:
No, as the father to girls the word I use is "chauvinistic", or "perverted".

Isn't it ironic that the anti-trans crowd seems most intent on "protecting women and children" from people EXACTLY LIKE THEMSELVES! The biggest threat to women are pig-headed men, the "boys will be boys" crowd, the "I'll kick his ass!" crowd.

How much DO you value safety of women? You're willing to exploit a (perceived) loophole to save a few dollars over A STRIP CLUB?!? No offense intended, but you don't sound like someone who has the safety of women and children at heart...
There is an exponentially greater number of straight male predators than transgenders. Do you see the problem with a loophole that makes it impossible to arrest them (or even ask them to leave) until they touch someone?

Old 05-24-2016, 03:02 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,404,153 times
this issue has been beaten to death on this forum, i guess i helped contribute to that tho by posting this editorial. this is def. the weirdest issue that I can recall in my 38 years, especially when you see companies talking about leaving the state to punish the state. it seems like blackmail to get what they want.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:07 PM

Quote:
There is an exponentially greater number of straight male predators than transgenders. Do you see the problem with a loophole that makes it impossible to arrest them (or even ask them to leave) until they touch someone?
Like most of your conclusions, I disagree with the fundamental precept of your argument... that anti-discrimination rules for transgender necessarily create a "predator loophole".

We don't agree on it, and no quantity of begging the question will entrap me in your vortex of absurdity.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Like most of your conclusions, I disagree with the fundamental precept of your argument... that anti-discrimination rules for transgender necessarily create a "predator loophole".

We don't agree on it, and no quantity of begging the question will entrap me in your vortex of absurdity.
It's not an opinion. Read the darn law, guy. I've asked a thousand times, what stops a man from going wherever he wants and the answer is always a resounding nothing.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
It's not an opinion. Read the darn law, guy. I've asked a thousand times, what stops a man from going wherever he wants and the answer is always a resounding nothing.
What stops a guy from shooting 20 kids in an elementary school?

And I've read the law, "guy". It's plain that the intent is to protect LGBT, not spendthrift strip club bozos.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
What stops a guy from shooting 20 kids in an elementary school?

And I've read the law, "guy". It's plain that the intent is to protect LGBT, not spendthrift strip club bozos.
Nothing, but there is a law to punish them. This discrimination law makes it impossible to punish someone for being where they shouldn't be. That's the difference. It's eliminating protections from the current users.

Good intent does not negate bad loopholes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina