Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 12:02 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,280,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Republicans did surprisingly well in NC, especially considering the HB2 thing. Even the governor's race is going to take some time to actually decide legally. I really did not expect the overall results I see from NC, given all the things I have been reading here in the forum.
What do you mean? All the polls showed a tight race/ toss up or dead heat races with +/- 3% margin of error. This is a purple state, now. The margin of error the last 3 elections screams toss up or purple.

Some of the polls were off 4 years ago about Romney national poll numbers. Who on this forum has ever inferred that NC was decidedly Clinton or Cooper? Maybe I missed it or perhaps you misinterpreted it. I've always stated if not for HB2, McCory was pretty much a lock to get re-elected given the state of NCs overall economy. Are you new to NC's political landscape and climate, overall shift? I'd suggest a little research on the NC's governorship since the 1970s..mostly Dem rule while that state was decidedly red for the Prez.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...North_Carolina

http://www.270towin.com/states/North_Carolina
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 12:19 PM

1,737 posts, read 2,574,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
What do you mean? All the polls showed a tight race/ toss up or dead heat races with +/- 3% margin of error. This is a purple state, now. The margin of error the last 3 elections screams toss up or purple.

As you should realize by now , polls means Nothing.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:39 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
May indicate that the forum is dominated by a handful of left-wing zealots who are divorced from reality, eh wot?
Clinton won the actual US popular vote and Cooper and Stein won their NC races, so we aren't all out of our minds here.

We just have more faith our fellow citizens of NC than they deserve, it seems.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucctgg View Post
As you should realize by now , polls means Nothing.
That is the absolute truth.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:48 PM

192 posts, read 257,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Clinton won the actual US popular vote and Cooper and Stein won their NC races, so we aren't all out of our minds here.

We just have more faith our fellow citizens of NC than they deserve, it seems.
Serious question, not rhetoric: did Cooper really win? I've been reading it is a yet to be decided contest.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:49 PM

299 posts, read 249,679 times
Quote:
May indicate that the forum is dominated by a handful of left-wing zealots who are divorced from reality, eh wot?

Post of the day for you sir! Again.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:08 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
Tight race but congrats to Roy Cooper
There only 4,772 vote seperating the two.. The Governor race will not be called til November 18th.

The State Board of Elections Office is circulating the below outline of post-election processes administered throughout the state’s 100 counties:

1) Absentee ballots. Mail-in absentee ballots postmarked on or before Election Day will be accepted until 5 p.m. on Nov. 14. Overseas and military absentee ballots are accepted through Nov. 17.

2) Sample Audit. Every county conducts a sample hand-to-eye count of ballots in randomly selected precincts and one-stop locations to confirm results tabulated by machine. Counties must conduct their hand-to-eye counts in public.

3) Provisional ballot meetings. Each county board of elections will meet before certifying the election to make decisions on provisional applications submitted by voters during early voting and on Election Day.
If the board determines that the voter is eligible, the provisional ballot is counted. Provisional ballots are cast when an individual’s registration information does not appear in the poll books or there are other questions about that person’s eligibility to vote.

4) County canvass. County boards of elections will certify results at public meetings held at 11 a.m. Friday, Nov. 18.

5) Recounts. For statewide contests this year, the vote difference must be 10,000 votes or less for a candidate to demand a recount after the county canvass.
The demand for a recount must be in writing and received by the State Board of Elections no later than noon Tuesday, Nov. 22.
If a recount is demanded, the State Board of Elections Office would issue a schedule, and the counties would conduct recounts individually during open meetings.
For non-statewide contests, the difference between the candidates must be within 1 percent of the total votes cast in the ballot item.

6) State canvass. The State Board of Elections will certify statewide results for all federal, statewide, multi-district and judicial contests at a public meeting held at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 29. Results in each contest are not considered official until that date.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
There only 4,772 vote seperating the two.. The Governor race will not be called til November 18th.

The State Board of Elections Office is circulating the below outline of post-election processes administered throughout the state’s 100 counties:

1) Absentee ballots. Mail-in absentee ballots postmarked on or before Election Day will be accepted until 5 p.m. on Nov. 14. Overseas and military absentee ballots are accepted through Nov. 17.

2) Sample Audit. Every county conducts a sample hand-to-eye count of ballots in randomly selected precincts and one-stop locations to confirm results tabulated by machine. Counties must conduct their hand-to-eye counts in public.

3) Provisional ballot meetings. Each county board of elections will meet before certifying the election to make decisions on provisional applications submitted by voters during early voting and on Election Day.
If the board determines that the voter is eligible, the provisional ballot is counted. Provisional ballots are cast when an individual’s registration information does not appear in the poll books or there are other questions about that person’s eligibility to vote.

4) County canvass. County boards of elections will certify results at public meetings held at 11 a.m. Friday, Nov. 18.

5) Recounts. For statewide contests this year, the vote difference must be 10,000 votes or less for a candidate to demand a recount after the county canvass.
The demand for a recount must be in writing and received by the State Board of Elections no later than noon Tuesday, Nov. 22.
If a recount is demanded, the State Board of Elections Office would issue a schedule, and the counties would conduct recounts individually during open meetings.
For non-statewide contests, the difference between the candidates must be within 1 percent of the total votes cast in the ballot item.

6) State canvass. The State Board of Elections will certify statewide results for all federal, statewide, multi-district and judicial contests at a public meeting held at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 29. Results in each contest are not considered official until that date.
Actually, almost 5000 votes is a lot of votes. I figure this time is for McCrory to figure out how to cheat his way back into office, the slimeball.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:04 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times
Quote:
Something I have noticed over the years is that the forums are made up of mostly people in or close to urban areas, thus a viewpoint which may not be representative of the state at large. I think this election illustrated this clearly. The republicans in NC have a death grip on the new governor....IF in fact there ends up being a new governor. I never saw that coming, based on recent state events, news articles and especially opinion posts in the NC forums. Very interesting to say the least.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:06 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus-NC View Post
Serious question, not rhetoric: did Cooper really win? I've been reading it is a yet to be decided contest.
Not yet. TBD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina