Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 12:43 PM

1,545 posts, read 1,873,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
So you found Wawa's quality exceeded Publix's Boar's Head products?

I still say they are wrong lol, but the boar's head products wouldn't apply to them since they said they were eating vegetarian subs. I will say that Wawa's subs are better than sheetz tho
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2019, 07:44 PM

9,777 posts, read 15,785,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
I still say they are wrong lol, but the boar's head products wouldn't apply to them since they said they were eating vegetarian subs. I will say that Wawa's subs are better than sheetz tho
How can I be wrong? Isn't it an opinion rather than a fact?

I grew up in Philly and have been eating Wawa hoagies for a long time. We get them every time we head up there or to DC on our drive up We also visit Florida fairly often, and we always get Publix subs there because we love them, and they're easy to eat on vacation. Last year, while in Florida we happened to get a Publix sub the day after the Wawa hoagie, and my Wawa one was better. I don't know if that will always be the case, and I can't recall if my husband's said which of his meat subs was better. We'll be in Florida in a few weeks, and if it works out, we will try them both again near each other and report back.

Old 11-18-2019, 01:41 AM

84 posts, read 60,407 times
There are a TON of mid sized C-Store store chains (15-80 stores) in NC, Handy Hugo, Family Fare, Cruizers, Duck Thru, Short Stop, New Dixie, Sundo, Minute Man and literally dozens of others. Not to mention 7-Eleven, Circle K, Pilot/Flying, TA, QT, Quality Oil, Sheetz, Speedway and GPM Investments. Its probably just easier to go elsewhere.

Wawa doesn't have great brand awareness here either, some have heard of them, but a lot have not. Plus Sheetz has great locations already too, I saw someone mention Henderson, the Sheetz there is always PACKED, and I don't think you could get a better location than they have there (on a hill visible for a ways both sides of the interstate).

Old 11-18-2019, 06:10 AM

4,590 posts, read 6,421,335 times
I don’t know where you live, but Wawa has great brand awareness in the Triangle

Old 11-18-2019, 08:12 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,728,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
I don’t know where you live, but Wawa has great brand awareness in the Triangle
More folks from up north.

Stopped at one several weeks ago returning home from Annapolis. It was fine, but I think I like Sheetz better. Plus Sheetz normally has fountain Cheerwine (though I’ve heard they are cutting back).

Old 11-18-2019, 10:09 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,873,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
How can I be wrong? Isn't it an opinion rather than a fact?

I grew up in Philly and have been eating Wawa hoagies for a long time. We get them every time we head up there or to DC on our drive up We also visit Florida fairly often, and we always get Publix subs there because we love them, and they're easy to eat on vacation. Last year, while in Florida we happened to get a Publix sub the day after the Wawa hoagie, and my Wawa one was better. I don't know if that will always be the case, and I can't recall if my husband's said which of his meat subs was better. We'll be in Florida in a few weeks, and if it works out, we will try them both again near each other and report back.

LOL you are right, I just hold my publix subs in high regard. That said, was in VA beach for about a week and wawa's subs hit the spot...enough for me to email them and say, "hey why aren't you guys in NC".

Their answer: We are so happy we have fans there but we don't have any future expansion plans in North Carolina at this time...smdh

Old 11-20-2019, 01:09 PM

1,790 posts, read 6,516,616 times
I have limited perspective but the Wawas I have been to in the Virginia Beach area are nice, clean and a few have been recently renovated. My experience at a couple of Sheetz stores in Greenville NC has been pretty lackluster as they were dirty and just felt a bit run down.

Old 11-23-2019, 08:59 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,901,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSmith0711 View Post
There are a TON of mid sized C-Store store chains (15-80 stores) in NC, Handy Hugo, Family Fare, Cruizers, Duck Thru, Short Stop, New Dixie, Sundo, Minute Man and literally dozens of others. Not to mention 7-Eleven, Circle K, Pilot/Flying, TA, QT, Quality Oil, Sheetz, Speedway and GPM Investments. Its probably just easier to go elsewhere.

Wawa doesn't have great brand awareness here either, some have heard of them, but a lot have not. Plus Sheetz has great locations already too, I saw someone mention Henderson, the Sheetz there is always PACKED, and I don't think you could get a better location than they have there (on a hill visible for a ways both sides of the interstate).

Many of them are ALWAYS packed just in general...across the state. NC is a Sheetz state, imo. Period.

Old 11-23-2019, 04:33 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,725,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
Many of them are ALWAYS packed just in general...across the state. NC is a Sheetz state, imo. Period.
I don't know if we're a die hard Sheetz state per say, more like they just managed to expand explosively in NC. Sheetz really didn't become as prolific in NC as they are until within the last 5-10 years. They opened their 2nd distribution center in Burlington only in 2014 which allowed them to ramp up crazily fast in NC.

Sure Sheetz are nice -- I enjoy them for what they are, but I don't think native North Carolinians in their "adult years" have a huge memorandum with Sheetz. Younger generations that are just starting out behind the wheel might, as they are everywhere now.

Growing up it was always a trip down to 76, Texaco, Exxon, Mobil, Amoco, and later BP. I digress as it doesn't really matter. At the end of the day it's just a fancy gas station.

Old 11-24-2019, 10:49 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,514,172 times
I travel by car the east coast from FL to MA regularly. Wawa is good, but QT (Quick Trip) is huge in NC and, IMO, much better than Wawa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina