Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2020, 09:14 AM

773 posts, read 645,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
When Sheetz first started aggressively moving in NC, their food used to be decent for what it was, and was a tad better than the average fast food. Your post makes me wonder if their food quality has gone downhill.

I'm not familiar with Wawa other than hearing the name. Are they really that much better?
Not really. Neither one is going to win a James Beard Award. I like Wawa's menu better in many ways, but as far as quality of food I don't see a lot of difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2020, 06:03 PM

6,114 posts, read 4,604,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
Wawa?

Call me when Buc-ee’s is built and opened.
It almost sounds as if Buc-ee's is a minor tourist attraction. I feel like I've missed out having never been to one. It reminds me of the excitement of some folks from the East Coast going to an In & Out Burger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal James View Post
Not really. Neither one is going to win a James Beard Award. I like Wawa's menu better in many ways, but as far as quality of food I don't see a lot of difference.
Okay- Thank you.

Old 12-10-2020, 08:43 PM

8,803 posts, read 10,240,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
"When will WaWa expand into North Carolina?"

In approximately 1 hour, depending on traffic conditions.
Written one year ago, still no WaWa.

Damn traffic

Old 08-24-2021, 10:49 AM

102 posts, read 48,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
Could have locked the thread after this post.

WaWa is so overrated by those in the mid-Atlantic... it does absolutely NOTHING better than Sheetz.

We neither want nor need WaWa here.

No... the closest 7-11 to the Triangle is in Elizabeth City.
Speak for yourself. Your posts in this thread are severely overrating Sheetz. They're really no different from each other, Sheetz might have a little more selection in some aspects, Wawa in others. I've found the associates at Wawa to be friendlier than Sheetz, but not by a lot. I don't think Sheetz does anything really better than Wawa, or vice versa. Anything would be pretty marginal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
What's up with the second capital w in the name?
There is no second capital W, it's Wawa. People here trashing Wawa and don't even know how to properly spell it.

(I found this thread by googling Wawa North Carolina, since I vacation in the OBX every summer and I feel like they could expand here potentially.)

Old 08-24-2021, 11:25 AM

2,411 posts, read 2,694,160 times
I think the obsession over Wawa and Sheetz is the strangest thing.... it literally is a gas station. I filled up my car, walked in, used the restroom, had a sandwich.... didn't get it.... was it a bad experience? Not at all, perfectly pleasant. Was it something I'd argue about or feel strongly about? Nahh, it was a gas station.

Old 08-24-2021, 11:45 AM

1,826 posts, read 2,494,422 times
What makes Wawa any better than any other gas station? They had them all over Florida and I found myself missing QT. At least QT typically has very fast service at most locations.

Old 08-24-2021, 02:40 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,497,324 times
Wawa had good coffee. I miss Wawa's coffee. Other than that, it was nothing to write home about. The ones near me in NJ always smelled like a garbage can, too.

Old 08-24-2021, 08:54 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,351,784 times
I like QuikTrip, but Wawa is also nice. Although it would be nice if Royal Farms would expand to the Triangle from Virginia. They have good fried chicken. But here in Upstate SC we have Spinx, and their chicken is pretty good. Also QT, Circle K, Kangaroo, and 7-11, but no Sheetz. They stop north of Charlotte.

Old 08-25-2021, 09:57 AM

4,590 posts, read 6,421,335 times
Royal Farms is amazing!

Old 08-25-2021, 02:25 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,476,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I like QuikTrip, but Wawa is also nice. Although it would be nice if Royal Farms would expand to the Triangle from Virginia. They have good fried chicken. But here in Upstate SC we have Spinx, and their chicken is pretty good. Also QT, Circle K, Kangaroo, and 7-11, but no Sheetz. They stop north of Charlotte.
I’m pretty sure Kangaroo is now Circle K (outside of a couple of stragglers, which are still Circle K stores with Kangaroo signs on the marquee).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina