Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2008, 03:44 PM

106 posts, read 151,759 times

Advertisements

Yes, it's me again. I know this question is a little vague but I've been through county sites until my eyes are blurred and can't find what I'm looking for. My new CD friends always seem to have something helpful to tell me so I thought I'ld give this a shot . We are hoping to move to NC soon and have two horses we want to bring ('cause, you know, we love them). My husbands company has offices in both Charlotte and Greensboro that he will be applying at. We aren't looking for a huge horse farm but don't know what the regs are for how much acreage we have to have and which neigboring counties are most accepting. I have read in previous posts of a few counties that are big into horses but haven't been able to find anything in county print and I'm a little nervous at just taking the word of the realtor (nothing personal) we get a house from that horses are allowed. We are hoping for something no more than 45 min from his company.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 03:52 PM

1,105 posts, read 4,570,338 times
It is going to vary by county or even town so you are going to have better luck researching more locally. Union County is very horse friendly or at least there are many, many horse farms particularly in the Waxhaw-Marvin area but acreage is expensive. Because Waxhaw is more horse friendly, the restrictions on acreage are not as strict (ie you can keep more horses on less acreage than you can in the country where there is typically a five acre minimum).

Old 04-24-2008, 03:58 PM

106 posts, read 151,759 times
Thanks jenn02674. I didn't even think about looking at the city regs. I will do a little more digging.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:05 PM

35 posts, read 130,620 times
I would contact the jumper hunter groups in that area. I know there's a huge facility at Summerfield which is just outside Greensboro. Most of the state sites have directors names and email addresses. There are several agents in the state that specialize in horse farms... in Raleigh I would recommend you contact Joan Petty MacNair with Allen Tate Real Estate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina