Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 07:40 AM

2,560 posts, read 8,554,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
How about: YMCA...WWJD.....ROFL.....BFUN......GR81......7oh4. ....anyone else?
I totally agree that you are limited...gotta be cre8ive though!

You can also just use 1 letter or 2 letters or 3 letters!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 08:32 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
Quote:
Just got the "Protect our coast " one myself. They even have a tag for Shaggers!!!
REAL COOL
I ask the lady at the tag office when I got mine why the change in the lettering and she stated it easier for the highway patrol to read from a distance. I wouldnt mind the red lettering if they change the first n flight and north carolina to blue to help off set the plate.

Quote:
These are a hoot! . If I pass the YMCA one it better be a guy in cowboy hat .

If the tag was on front I would want one that says MOVE, and I would need a gesture symbol for the back.
You must be a tough competitor in scrabble.. hehe

Tag you would find on someone who smokes M.J.
FRYD

Tony the Tigar
GR8

Soccer mom
KIDS

Here is the watermelon one

This is the one my partner wants

$20 will go to North Carolina Motorsports Foundation, Inc. Non profit organization.
The fund will be used to promote NASCAR and motorsports throughout the state.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:06 AM

1,852 posts, read 5,220,638 times
I may have to think abotu this. $20 isn't too much more. I still have the blue lettering though, maybe it will become classic.

Also this statement kind of cracked me up.. "scholastic and humanitarian aid to members of the East Coast surfing community.” "

Old 05-15-2008, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
I may have to think abotu this. $20 isn't too much more. I still have the blue lettering though, maybe it will become classic.

Also this statement kind of cracked me up.. "scholastic and humanitarian aid to members of the East Coast surfing community.” "
Im sure it for a good cause but ....

My vision is an on the beach training of

scholastic "Dont hit the wave at low tide"
humanitarian "Dont leave your board shorts on the beach"

lol

The coastal federation website is kinda depressing especially the latest manuever for off shore oil drilling that Senator Burr sort of supports

Old 05-15-2008, 10:09 AM

716 posts, read 2,158,703 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, neither WTF nor **** is available! Boo!

I think "UV" will fit just fine...

Old 05-15-2008, 10:54 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
The coastal federation website is kinda depressing especially the latest manuever for off shore oil drilling that Senator Burr sort of supports
Sunny, FYI the NJ Senators are opposed to the offshore drilling & are fighting it.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:25 AM

1,852 posts, read 5,220,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Im sure it for a good cause but ....

My vision is an on the beach training of

scholastic "Dont hit the wave at low tide"
humanitarian "Dont leave your board shorts on the beach"

lol

I saw that as well. Good Surfing education.
And who are you following that leaves their shorts on the beach?

Old 05-15-2008, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Sunny, FYI the NJ Senators are opposed to the offshore drilling & are fighting it.
This is from the NCCF website

Quote:
Sen. Elizabeth Dole, R-N.C., said through her spokeswoman that she does not support any provision that would allow for oil and gas exploration.
Quote:
The majority of North Carolinians Sen. Dole hears from do not want drilling off the North Carolina coast because of the potential negative impacts on the tourism economy, military presence and environment,” said her spokeswoman Katie Hallaway.
Sen. Richard Burr, R-N.C., supports states’ rights to request federal permission to drill, said spokesman Chris Walker
Here is the catcher what could happen to this bill
Quote:
The Atlantic and Pacific Oceans are thought to contain as much as 14 billion barrels of oil and 55 trillion cubic feet of natural gas, Sen. Domenici said after another Republican co-sponsor, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., proposed tacking Sen. Domenici’s “American Energy Production Act” to an unrelated bill on federal flood insurance.
05-12-08: Bills calls for easing offshore drilling restrictions — nccoast.org (http://www.nccoast.org/offshoreoil - broken link)

Old 05-15-2008, 06:05 PM

55 posts, read 211,054 times
Put the wife's "friends of the smokies" tag on yesterday. Didn't personalize it due to additional charge above the 30.00/yr. It looks good.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfast View Post
Put the wife's "friends of the smokies" tag on yesterday. Didn't personalize it due to additional charge above the 30.00/yr. It looks good.

Thats cool.

I think the bear on it is cute
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina