Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 10:59 PM

105 posts, read 364,347 times

Advertisements

Dublin, call me bias if you liike, but I was born and raised in goldsboro. I must admit that the town could be better, like all places. Its all about what u make of it and what you are looking for. I have left several times but always came back. you are going to fine criminals everywhere you go...name one place that u wont...oh yeah HEAVEN!! as far as george and slaughter st those are KNOWN areas for criminal activities so why ride down there anyway not unless you saught and found??? I do feel as if the cost of living here is pretty good. and I also have to agree with you on one thing dublin and that is the classess of the people here could be better. all in all goldsboro is a good town to raise kids and retire anything you do in between there should be done outside of the city limits!!! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 04:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,017 times
qOldSbORO iS WACk i liVE dERE itS WACk ANd pEOplE ACt fUNNi &&+ My fAMily NOt fROM dOWN hERE sOOh WE fROM nEW yORk

Old 01-26-2009, 04:10 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,986,140 times
....and the above must be a testament to the Goldsboro School System.....

Just kidding

Old 02-09-2009, 06:11 PM

105 posts, read 364,347 times
ok, I usually dont do this but I must lol lol lol I now u was just kidding

Old 02-09-2009, 06:56 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Default Old homes in NC Smithfield area too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I do know this. I go to a website that sells old homes, and there are a ton of them in goldsboro for sale that are totally run down. they need to be gutted and all that, but they are offering all kinds of incentives for people who do this. I am viewing this as a good thing. it seems that they are trying hard to restore some of the more run down areas, so ultimately, it could be a really good thing for the area.

What web site is that? Wife and I would be interested in see ing some of these and possibly rehabbing one..

Old 02-09-2009, 09:55 PM

In Goldsboro inside the historic district downtown. They are offering incentives to fix up the old victorians. The chamber of commerce should know about it. There was an article in the paper not too long ago.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:17 AM

1 posts, read 2,454 times
i am looking at moving to goldsboro too retire. i was thinking of the old houses that need to be rehab. (n virginia ,n carolina,johns st,etc ,etc) how would you rate the crime-house values general all around feel for this area,downtown .

Old 08-23-2009, 11:58 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,918,266 times
Goldsboro is basically a nicer Kinston. But thats not saying much. It's just a pittstop if you're heading to Raleigh. I've never really liked Goldsboro that much. Only thing Goldsboro has that is worth anything to me is Busco's Beach for ATV riding and the Air shows of course. No offense for Goldsboro residents .

Old 08-23-2009, 08:36 PM

There are several really nice subdivions outside town. Walnut Creek is a nice little village perfect for retirees. In the downtown area and the surrounding blocks is pretty run-down, seedy and possibly dangerous in my opinion. I would not live there.

I never did sell my house in Sutton's Run subdivision outside town.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:32 AM

2 posts, read 3,496 times
I have lived in MS, CO, TN and now Goldsboro, NC. I would say that this town is by far the worst town I have ever lived in or around. We live outside of Goldsboro and it is horrible too! Those houses that are for sale and need the renovations downtown are in CRACK TOWN! I do love the houses and the beautiful and dilapidated downtown but that does not suffice for the ignorance that the general public has. This town has a closed mind and a racist old timer view of the world. There is NO good music or good entertainment unless you like "shag" music but I do believe that went out in the 50's!!! We are trying to get out of this place and only moved here b/c of my sick mother but I REFUSE to raise my children in this place. We are raising our children to be like us but the influence they are getting from their friends and their families is way below par. DO NOT move to Goldsboro if you are free loving, nature lover, healthy, organic, happy and tolerant to ALL lifestyles b/c the people here will throw you a dirty look if you don't fit the normal WASP outline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina