Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 12:23 PM

2 posts, read 29,574 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to North Carolina. I am a teacher by profession, middle age and single. Therefore, I am in need of affordable housing (under 100,000). Would like to have my home paid off in the next 15 years. I am looking at counties such as union and forsyth. I was told they have good schools and the pay is decent when compared to other areas. I would like to find housing in union or forsyth county. However, I have not been able to find anything. Are there any nearby counties that are decent and within my price range. Thanks, I plan to move to north carolina this summer and need as much help as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2007, 02:05 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpen3 View Post
I am relocating to North Carolina. I am a teacher by profession, middle age and single. Therefore, I am in need of affordable housing (under 100,000). Would like to have my home paid off in the next 15 years. I am looking at counties such as union and forsyth. I was told they have good schools and the pay is decent when compared to other areas. I would like to find housing in union or forsyth county. However, I have not been able to find anything. Are there any nearby counties that are decent and within my price range. Thanks, I plan to move to north carolina this summer and need as much help as possible.
Hi You need a good realtor Luckily there are several on this board. To get a home in that price range you will need to be prepared to live in areas of Union county that are not experiencing high growth right now - in other words, places that are more rural and not associated so much with Charlotte, (basically look toward eastern Union county). Maybe areas like Marsheville or Polkton. This may mean you drive further to where you teach, but it would be country driving, not city driving, and worth a longer distance to find a home you can afford. We sure need good teachers here in NC, best of luck to you!

Old 03-04-2007, 02:39 PM

22 posts, read 115,705 times
Try Cabarrus County.

or do a search on these websites.

Moderator cut: links removed
Good Luck

Old 03-05-2007, 06:13 AM

1,417 posts, read 6,908,289 times
Mt. Pleasant in Cabarrus County (near Charlotte) would be worth a look. It's more rual, has very good school, and is still in the Charlotte metro.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:16 AM

2,909 posts, read 14,085,833 times
What cities could I find affordable housing? I am self employed, jobs dont matter. Where in NC should I look that has low crime and correctly priced nice big houses?

Old 03-05-2007, 07:52 AM

7,554 posts, read 7,101,861 times
Hey south Florida, we moved from Davie at the end of January to Kannapolis (Cabarrus county) a NE suburb of Charlotte. We love it here. Houses in Cabarrus county are much cheaper than you'll find in S Fl, but you'll find that to be the case with most areas of NC, do you have school age kids? Do you like the Mountains, or the ocean, rural or urban, how much land?

Be as specific as possible so we can better assist you, good luck.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:36 PM

111 posts, read 527,520 times
hi.. what kind of house do you want? brick? vinly? does it matter sq footage and need a garage or fenced yard? union county has great schools and you should be able to find something for that price range as well. thanks!

Old 03-07-2007, 08:38 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,085,833 times
Bricks would be nice. Want at least a 3/2 at least 1500 square feet, basement and attic be nice too, ditto to a garage. schools and jobs dont matter. I will have to research NC, please recommend some cities to get me started looking

Old 03-08-2007, 06:46 AM

402 posts, read 2,211,117 times
I live in Nash County...which is about 1/2 - 3/4 hour east of Raleigh. Convenient b/c you're "out there" (which I prefer), but still easily have the conveniences of Raleigh. Nashville is a great little town, but the prices are going up fast. However, if you look at Spring Hope (or a country home), you'll find some starter homes, low taxes. If you want in a school district, red oak and nashville are best. good luck!

Old 03-08-2007, 06:55 AM

889 posts, read 3,117,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Bricks would be nice. Want at least a 3/2 at least 1500 square feet, basement and attic be nice too, ditto to a garage. schools and jobs dont matter. I will have to research NC, please recommend some cities to get me started looking
I thought you wanted to move to California?? Now NC?? I told you so
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina