Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2008, 06:27 AM
BBC

14 posts, read 39,038 times

Advertisements

Relocated 8 years ago

1. Housing very affordable
2. Great weather - had enough snow and ice to last a lifetime
3. Good wages for what I do
4. Cost of living cheaper in many things - car insurance, utilities, etc.
5. Newer nicer feeling

Dislikes:

1. WCPSS one of the worst which is sad considering the way it could be - WCPSS a great disappointment especially in Holly Springs
2. Bigotry
3. Lack of initiative from leaders
4. Lack of good medical care
5. Crowded highways

Last edited by BBC; 03-05-2008 at 06:31 AM.. Reason: forgot to finish
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 10:18 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,450,678 times
Default Is NC overrated?

In a word, no, but then, this is rather like asking chocoholics if chocolate is overrated. A vanilla-lover might think so, definitely.

There is much to draw a person to NC, but only you can be the best judge of how much you'd like living here. Come spend a vacation here, if you like to r-e-l-a-x -- try the beaches or the mountains, and then let us know what you think.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:53 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC View Post
Relocated 8 years ago

1. Housing very affordable
2. Great weather - had enough snow and ice to last a lifetime
3. Good wages for what I do
4. Cost of living cheaper in many things - car insurance, utilities, etc.
5. Newer nicer feeling

Dislikes:

1. WCPSS one of the worst which is sad considering the way it could be - WCPSS a great disappointment especially in Holly Springs
2. Bigotry
3. Lack of initiative from leaders
4. Lack of good medical care
5. Crowded highways

Pardon my ignorance, but what does WCPSS stand for?

Old 03-05-2008, 01:46 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,060,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but what does WCPSS stand for?
Wake County Public School System. It's the school system for Raleigh, Cary, and some other communities within the Triangle, although it is far from being the only public school system serving the Triangle area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSLOTS View Post
In a word, no, but then, this is rather like asking chocoholics if chocolate is overrated. A vanilla-lover might think so, definitely.
Very well put, RdsLots!

Old 03-05-2008, 01:55 PM

932 posts, read 1,274,075 times
ohhhh its horribly over rated! the weather is horrible! the people are mean! theres nothing to do! people sit in traffic for 5 hours a day! There are no nice areas to live in! Crime is taking over! No one can leave their front door without carrying a concealed weapon under their coat! We all live in fear!

OHHHH its BAAAAAD

humpphhhh...maybe that scared off a few. lol

(been here my whole life, btw! Wouldnt live anywhere else! BUT ITS BAD STAY AWAY RUN FOR THE HILLS BILLY BOB RUUUUUN!)

Old 03-05-2008, 02:25 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommiewrites View Post
ohhhh its horribly over rated! the weather is horrible! the people are mean! theres nothing to do! people sit in traffic for 5 hours a day! There are no nice areas to live in! Crime is taking over! No one can leave their front door without carrying a concealed weapon under their coat! We all live in fear!

OHHHH its BAAAAAD

humpphhhh...maybe that scared off a few. lol

(been here my whole life, btw! Wouldnt live anywhere else! BUT ITS BAD STAY AWAY RUN FOR THE HILLS BILLY BOB RUUUUUN!)
hahahahahahaha - that was a good try! Think anyone bought it??

Old 03-05-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
hahahahahahaha - that was a good try! Think anyone bought it??
I can hope!

Old 03-05-2008, 04:23 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,645,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommiewrites View Post
I can hope!
Glad we moved here before I read that!!!!!!!!!!!! It would have scared me away for sure.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
Glad we moved here before I read that!!!!!!!!!!!! It would have scared me away for sure.
Well...too late for you maybe, but you can always tell everyone who comes across your path how horrible it is here!

we don't even have water for garbage disposals! lol

Old 03-06-2008, 06:10 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,122,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSLOTS View Post

There is much to draw a person to NC, but only you can be the best judge of how much you'd like living here. Come spend a vacation here, if you like to r-e-l-a-x -- try the beaches or the mountains, and then let us know what you think.
Bravo! I could not have said it better
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina